cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

leslee-parks

My Ouit Date is coming

Ok, my quit date is vast approaching, and that is all I can think about. The closer it gets the more afraid I get! I just wanted to know if anyone else felt that way, and does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle that? I did stop smoking for two years, and started again. I do not remember being this afraid the first time. I want to succeed this time around, and stay smoke free!!
0 Kudos
5 Replies

The fear of quitting is worse than the actual quitting.

Jump in.

Just say no when you get a crave.

Learn as you go
be strong
0 Kudos

IT IS EASY TO SAY BE STRONG------BUT QUITE DIFFERENT TO DO IT!!!!!

JOYCE
0 Kudos
rachel17

I got myself all worked up over the QUIT DATE!!! I faltered at first then quit again almost immediately. I think one of the reasons that I had trouble was the crazy build up in my mind. Don't do that it's just like any other day, more difficult than some, but not the worst. I'm even starting to think about it as one of my best days now.
0 Kudos
theresa18

I felt the same way, SCARED !!!!! but today is day 6 of being puff-free..... I honestly feel like I was afraid of being lonely, I used my cig.'s as a comfort thing, today I found out my hubby ( A Marine ) may be going to Iraq !!!! I 'm really afraid when we find out for sure, I'll go back to smoking, I quit for 28 days then he had to go away for 6 weeks for training and I started back, Iraq would be 6 months at the least.... but until we find out for sure I'm hanging tough or at least tring, best of luck, Theresa
0 Kudos
greg2

I set my quit date only a week when I decided to quit. Less time I had to think about. I actually ran out of cigarettes a day before my quit, and decided that this would be the day. Good Luck
0 Kudos