cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

My August quite date 8/9/13

Hi,, any suggestions.. How can I get the most out of this site??? I am serious about quiting. I went to nicotine anonymous last eve. I am ready

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Good for you! The best place to start is at the beginning which for us here is to educate yourself about Nicotine Addiction. Here are some links to read:

quitsmokingonline.com

whyquit.com

The Easy Way by Allen Carr

and of course, here! Read the blogs of folks who have been quit longer as well as those who are beginning just like you and everybody in between. You can learn something from all of them. Yu can also visit somebody's page by clicking on their picture or name and leave a message on their message board for open messages and where it says send a message under their picture you can send totally private messages. 

Feel free to coment on any blog. Your feedback is just as important as anybody else's. The more you participate, the better your chances of success. You are not only learning Quititude - you are retraining your Brain! 

Keep in touch and write as many blogs as you wish. As it says above a blog can be anything! 

We deal in SUCCESS! We know how to achieve it! We know how to hold onto it! You get to/have to decide to do the work!  

0 Kudos
wishingstar

Hi and Welcome!!!  Like Thomas siad. Educating your self, is the most important thing you can do. Staying close to this site is a valuable tool  . Read blogs , and write them. You can learn so much from others. bloging can also be a quit saver. We all have one big thing in common we understand, what its like to quit or trying to quit. Great support here. I am sure others will give you great links to.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Allen Cars Book

0 Kudos
Nyima_1.6.13

You got lots of good advice here! Keep coming to the blogs and reading whatever you can get your hands on about this addiction! We are here to support and encourage you as you do the hard work!

I would suggest you change your user name! We get a lot of spammers and it's not such a great idea to use your email address!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Greetings.  All the above are some of the ways to get the most out of the site.  I would add - work the EX plan, do the tracking exercises, examine your triggers, etc.  Also there are some very good informative groups on here.  Some aren't very active, but the info in them is still valid.  I would suggest you find some of the long-term members, head for their page and check out the groups they have listed.  You'll get to know the "Elders" as you read the blogs here and see the advice given.  (Also they usually have a quit clock on their pages or some indication of when they quit.)  When wisdom speaks to you, head for it.  Spend time reading on here every day.  It helps to reinforce the quitting mindset.  Have heart!

0 Kudos
Strudel

Hi and congrats on your quit! I also like the free course at http://quitsmokingonline.com/ 

Plus - stick around here for support! Welcome! 

0 Kudos
Toni-k

almost 24 hours ciggy free.. hope all are doing well!!

0 Kudos

Thank You all... I am almost done day 2... going well. following all suggestions.. it is life saving..literally

0 Kudos