cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

More Prayers

We were leaving to go out of town Monday.  When we started to feed the cats before we left and our oldest, Snowball  (14 years) was acting sickly.  He was laying on the floor and wouldn't get up, didn't want food or drink, not even his favorite treats.  He was breathing really fast and his feet were cold. He was fine Sunday. We rushed him to the vet.  He had a fever of 106.5. Cats normally run 100 to 101 degrees. His white blood cell count was really low too and they started giving IV fluids and antibiotics.  They kept him overnight to at least try to stabilize him.  

Unfortunately we had no choice but to go on our short trip because the hotel and concert tickets are already paid for so we left town. I couldn't afford to just walk away.  We got an update Monday night that he was doing better, eating baby food and drinking. He died in the night while we were in SC . 

Anyone with animals knows that pets are like our children and losing them is almost as hard.  He had a fantastic life and we're glad he didn't suffer.  He will be greatly missed.  I will post pictures after I download some from my husband's computer.

crying emoticon.png

Coming home today was very emotional.

20 Replies
Sootie

Always a sad part of our lives with pets who only live a portion of our years. We have had so many beloved pets and you are right.....they lived a good life filled with people who loved them. Be at peace.

Sunny0061

so sorry for your loss

RachelMB

I'm so sorry! Know I'm sending hugs your way.  Xoxo

Rachel 

Beck37

I am so, so sorry for your loss. There is nothing worse. Hang in there.....

Beck

Barbscloud

I am so sorry.  My heart aches for you.

Barb

DavesTime

I am so sorry, Julie!  I know very well how hard losing a pet can be. When we had to take our 7 year old tabby cat in to be put to sleep (she had kidney failure) I was concerned about how my youngest daughter would handle it.  What I was surprised to discover was that I turned out to be the emotional one!  Hugs and prayers for comfort, my friend.

minihorses

Thank you all for your prayers.  You guys are always a source of love!  My other 3 cats are looking for him, especially the two that came to us as babies.  They are also trying to figure out who is alpha but it is starting to look like youngest, my 4 year old black cat, Osbourne,, which means Divine Bear and also for Black Sabbath's lead singer Ozzy Osbourne labeled the Prince Of Darkness.  The other 2 seem to be OK with that.  He's a laid back boy so there's really been no jockeying or fighting over it.  I have my moments but I take comfort in how blessed we were to have Snowball in our family. The vet sent us a beautiful bouquet of flowers and we always send them a thank you card for the wonderful care of our animals both when they were alive and when they passed. I have to get pictures from my husband.  Again, thank you for all the prayers. So many deaths this month and not just in my family. Still praying for others here for the loss of their family members.

Image result for free praying woman emoji

https://images.app.goo.gl/qgsPErq6PFxuN8LG7

0 Kudos
bonnie.s

Sorry for your loss

Giulia

Been there, felt that, suffered through it.  I know the pain.  Sending commiseration to you Julie.  Hope the blast of the concert sounds made you forget about the pain for a bit.  You gave him a good life.  Hug coming in your direction.

elvan

Julie,

It was just over a year ago when I had to make that horrible decision for my darling Bijou, she was still young but had some sort of neurological issue that was progressive.  Her quality of life was deteriorating beyond the point where I could justify keeping her alive since it really seemed to be mostly for me.  I loved her, I really did and the vets tried everything to stop the progress of whatever it was, it was a really hard time.  I am thinking of you and sending comforting hugs.  

Ellen