cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lg_3

Moms

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
212 Replies
shanna_r

hi bri! congrats on your baby! my husband said he wasn't going to quit either, but 4 days into my quit he stopped smoking around me, a few days after that he stopped altogether. like a few people on here told me, do it for you, sometime YOU can be the good influence instead of seeing HIM as the bad influence. Good luck, i'll be here for you! it's only been weeks for me so i'm not a pro or anthing, just 1 day at a time. 🙂
0 Kudos
kelly4

Hi Bri,
  I had quit smoking during my pregnancy with my 3rd child (I smoked through the first 2 pregnancies). Although I was happy to have quit, I always felt that I did it for the baby and for my husband, never for myself. So sure enough, 3 days after his birth, I bought pack of cigarettes. That was 2-1/2 years ago. Stay strong and you CAN do this!!! We can all do this! We just need to believe it!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi, Today is day 16 for me. My husband still smokes. He will quit when he feels ready. Till then I'm concerned about my quit. Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Sandy, did you start your med today?
  Cindy
0 Kudos
lauren11

Hi everyone, I'm a mother of 14 y/o, so it can certainly be trying enough to trigger me to smoke often. I hide my smoking from my son, but I'm sure he finds the evidence. I want to be a good role model for him, and I'm concerned about my health. Glad to be a part of this community and get the help I need. Thanks!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Lauren and Janet.
  Janet 3 days that is great. You are over the hump now. All head games now. I'm using chantix and it is day 17. Post anytime you have a craving or want to talk. we are here for you.
  Did you quit yet Lauren? If so congrats, if not congrats on planning to quit.
  Cindy
0 Kudos
sandy-martin

yes did the 2nd pill this morning so far I have had no side effects,but i'm sure it will take a few days to get in my system.My quit date will be on the 8yh day so that will be tuesday the 25th.Wish me luck,Sandy
0 Kudos
cindy16

You may not have any side effects. You would probaly get them right away. Keep taking the pill. You will do great on the 25th. We are here for you. Cindy
0 Kudos
bri2

Thanks for all the helpful tips evryone. any one have any helpfu tips for the first few days when i quit.
0 Kudos
janet-birkey2

This is day 3 w/o a cigarette... so far so good. using the patch & prayer. Hope to continue to stay strong and not let my guard down....
0 Kudos