cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lg_3

Moms

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
212 Replies
amber6

Well I just got back from the store and I got the patch gum, and losenge. It hit me recently that I really need to quit when my two year old son grabbed a straw and told me that it was his "smoker" and when I told him, no thats nasty he proceeded to tell me how good "smokers" are
0 Kudos
heidi6

Amber, I can completely understand that. My 2 year old snuck into my purse once and got a cigarette and pretended to smoke it. I asked him what he was doing and he said he wanted to be like Mommy and Daddy! That is definetly not what i want my son to look up to me for.
0 Kudos
christina6

I left a lit cigarette in an ash tray and went to the bathroom, when I came back my 3 year old son had it in his mouth and was puffing on it. He inhaled and didn't even caugh. This terrified me. He was smiling and acting as if he liked it. I knew right then and there that I had to do something. I want to quit before he is able to remember that I ever smoked. I pray this time I can.
0 Kudos
amanda48

three days ago i decided to quit all by myself, and i was doing great until two days ago when my boyfriend came home and decided to stress me out! so i had four cigarettes. than since the nicotine was in me all over again, i had about 6 or so yesterday, and about 5 today. but unlucky me has pneumonia! 😞 so im trying my damned hardest to stay away from them as i can't breath now!
0 Kudos
ann4

My children have been nagging me for years to quit and of course I came up with every excuse not to. I have been smoking for about 20 years and attempted to quit a few times. November 1, 2009 I am trying again!!!!
0 Kudos
gina

My kids are getting old, they will be old enough to move out and I will have been a smoker their whole lives. I just can't beat myself up though... I hope I can pull it together at some point. I hate defending my behavior. Can't I just like being a non smoker?
0 Kudos
jessica2

Ok so my husband has been nagging me to quit for the kids but yestery we found out he his 23 with high blood pressure and my smoking isn't helping him or the kids. I really need to quit but i've tried before and it didn't work and i really need something thats going to work so October 26th I'm trying again..
0 Kudos
ciara2

Jessica that is my quit date too! UGH!
0 Kudos
heidi6

October 26th is my quit date too (well it will be my 2nd quit date since my first one didn't work out too well!)
0 Kudos
tiffany4

i want to start today, how can i start?
0 Kudos