cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lg_3

Moms

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
212 Replies
cindy16

Hi Elizabeth your insurance may cober. If not it is like $120 for a month. But you won't be smoking so yo uwill save on cigarettes. It works awesome. I have no cravings
0 Kudos
heather19

Hi Everyone...new to the group. I will be 37 on May 12th and have been smoking since I was 13. I have quit on and off for so many years. I am married to my wonderful hubby..Jules...he also smokes. We have a 2 1/2 yr old Daughter Sadie Lillian. I quit when I was pregnant but went back to the cigs after she was born. We have not set a quit date yet but will be soon. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. I moved this post to the comments because I was not sure if it should be in the discussions...then I looked at the discussions and it would have been okay....lol. I'm rambling...I'll get the hang of this. It's kinda like myspace for smokers..
0 Kudos
laura39

Hey everyone! Just wanted to see how the other mama's are doing! I am on day 10 with the patch and still doing good. I've been trying to keep as busy as possible so I don't have to think about smoking. I am going out with friends this weekend to celebrate my b-day and am a little nervous since one of them smokes. This is silly though since 10 of us are going out and she will be the only one going outside but she has been my best friend for 20 years and unfortunately she is one of my triggers! Even talking to her on the phone and hearing her smoking is enough to have me craving a cigarette. I know I can stay smoke free...it is going to be hard though! Anyone have any advice for me?

Sorry, I went off on a tangent. How's everyone doing?
0 Kudos
julie34

Hi everyone...new to the group! I have 2 great kids...my daughter Meredith will be 13 this year and my son just turned Jimmy just turned 11. I'm on day 2 with the patch and I have to say that this morning was a great struggle for me. The kids started fighting about something that I don't even remember what it was and it took everything I had to not drive to the store after I dropped them off at school and buy a pack of cigs. How do other moms handle the stress of kids fighting can anyone give advice?
0 Kudos
olivia

Just wanted to stop by and update this group on how I am doing! I am officially a non smoker for 3 days and have never felt more free!! It was rough the first day of cold turkey and sometimes rougher the 2nd day, but today has been cake walk! I never thought I could do it, but I have 🙂 And I will continue to do so!Woooohooo!! How is everybody else doing?
0 Kudos
tessa3

You're darn lucky Olivia. I am on day 3 and it totally sucks. The cravings aren't neccesarily worse it's the mental part. I had stopped fr 3 days before and then I smoked a half a cig a day and know I've not had one for 3 days again and by the third day it's like my will power gets worn down and I cave, but not today. Everybody be thinking of me tommorrow I will be spending all day with a bunch of smokers and it's gonna be tuff.
0 Kudos
tessa3

Bless you're heart Kat. For me that was the worst when I got pregnant cause I craved them so bad. Sometimes I would give in and it would break my heart that I would even do it. I'll be thinking of you. If you need me just give a hollar!!
0 Kudos
adrienne2

Kat keep your head up. I think your on the hardest day cold turkey. Every day from there gets sooo much easier. Especially once your body detox's all the nicotine (3 days) and never smoke again. ; ) Good luck. I'm on day 36. I don't have cravings at all. Only occasionally I'll have a trigger feeling, that I recognize and move past like it didn't even matter.
0 Kudos
tessa3

Kat ,whatever you need to do I'm sure your friends will understand. You can do it. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? One thing that help's me is to type on this site. Maybe you could check and see if there is other people on the site that are also pregnant and get some pointer's fromm them.
0 Kudos
pete-walton

hi. i'm a mother of one who wants to quit smoking so i can be there for my daughter as i grow up and i could use all the help i can get.
0 Kudos