cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

TW517

Mindfullness Discussion

Interesting discussion with Jon Kabt-Zinn and Rhonda Magee on the NPR radio program, "On Point" today:

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2019/06/21/mindfulness-meditation-peace-stress

Tags (1)
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I am definitely a work in progress - but work on it I must.  I have always been a full-speed-ahead person, always thinking of what I will do NEXT and not being in the moment at ALL.  I have fallen and broken bones by operating this way - over and over.  I am a s l o w learner, I guess!

But - I now find myself looking BEFORE I plant my foot when gardening, weeding, or out and about. What a difference it makes, and hope it might prevent yet another broken bone and all the work and patience required to return to normalcy.  I am just now getting over a broken foot from a brick falling on it (and I did NOT think about a safe way to do what I was doing BEFORE I did it that time - STILL a work in progress, I guess!!!)

In the moment - living in the now - giving ourselves permission to just be....ALL good lessons!

Thanks, Tom!

sweetplt

Hi Tom...I have been doing meditation/mindfulness for about 5 years...I even do a group meditation on Tuesday which we include prayer...I found so many benefits, the biggest is my anxiety is almost down to never.  Our group went from about 8 of us to now 25...I find it so peaceful for the brain, body and soul...helps my migraines too...Thank you for sharing this article...~ Colleen 201 DOF 

ps Trying to get hubs to do...

elvan

This is really interesting and informative, thanks, Tom.  I can always use reminders and instructions for mindfulness, it does not come naturally to me.  I am always running on to the next thing...meaning that I frequently am unable to finish the thing that I was working on in the first place.

I am going to listen to this in its entirety and with my undivided attention when I have a little more time.

Ellen

virgomama

Thanks for the lead.