cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lsparkles65

Me...again

So, i joined this over a year ago with all intent to stop smoking for good Well, I did it. Cold turkey. BUT...I cheated...I like many of you quit by vaping. I got word of this juul thing, liked it, justified it, and fell into this easy habit of hitting this stupid stick that I could take with me everywhere. I thought, who cares that it costs so much, i might save my life instead of smoking. Constant voices in my head telling me its ok. Until recently, all the recent health scares everywhere...all my anxiety...all that money I've spent...all these many reasons not to now. So i join again with a plan to quit all this madness for good. I've been hooked on nic for nearly 20 years and struggle with bad anxiety. I'm so sick of it. I really want don't want it controlling me. Logic and reality make no sense in our minds of addiction. Just needed to come back and share where I'm at. 

3 Replies
indingrl

Thank YOU so much for sharing YOUR experience strength and HOPE with ME - no worries I used MY DRUG of CHOICE NICOTINE for 38 YEARS - at the end I was sucked on 50 death sticks a day - I am so glad YOUR back - YOUR worth it - please REMEMBER - it was SUGGESTED to ME in early RECOVERY - blog - BEFORE YOU take that first PUFF over YOU - it worked - I blog where I was at and  I blog to vent  and I blog when I was just FEELING blah - I blogged new ideas and blogged new eating and blogged new discoveries of SELF - YOUR doing good so please keep blogging and please give us time to answer - thank you -  gentle hug

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome me again.  We've heard from lots of vaper's recently.   Nicotine is such a terrible drug to be addicted to and vaping seems to have made it even worse.   It's still a nicotine addiction, so everything suggested before still applies.  Begin again and education yourself about nicotine addiction and create your quit plan.  We're still here to support you, so  commit to quitting again.

Barb

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Vaping is just so easy that it's harder to let it go.  I wrote about my own Juul quit here https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/AnnetteMM/blog/2019/09/08/how-to-quit-juul-or-vaping-in-ge... 

0 Kudos