cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ree

May Quitters

just signed up and finished my profile. I have picked my quit date and it happens to be in May. so I decided to join the other May quitters. Good Luck to all you May quitters
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
292 Replies
cleangal

Hello, everyone.  Quit Date: 05/23/14.  I'm only hours in, so you KNOW I am struggling.   I am using the patch and gum.  It's taking the edge off, but I do keep reachig for my cigarette case.  Fortunately, all I will find there is my Nicorette.  I have to beat this hideous addiction.  I already have allowed it to damage my health and I must stop the progression.

Glad to connect with others working toward becoming FORMER smokers.  Wishing us all the ability to break this habit forever.  I know we can do it.  Looking so forward to getting the first 24 hours under my bel!t

0 Kudos
constanceclum

Good morning May quitters and I hope everyone is off to a beautiful smoke-free Memorial w/e Sat! Welcome Cleangal and everyone else who has made the decision to quit in the past few days and Congratulations to everyone else who has been successful throughout this mo. Keep hanging in there!

Connie

0 Kudos

I hope everyone is having a great SmokeFree holiday weekend! I love myself more and more everyday that I am smokefree. Taking it One day at a time.

13DOF Zackie

0 Kudos
constanceclum

Good morning everyone! I have to admit that today is my new start date. Do to boredom and being stuck in the house all w/e with my husban drinking and smoking, I broke down and took a few puffs here and there.

Please know I continue to be determined!

Connie

0 Kudos
soho71

Quit day....today!  I'm a little confused about actually interacting with people on this site.  Not sure how to do it.  Not even sure if I actually joined this group.  If only I got this confused when going to get a cig....I might forget I wanted one.

0 Kudos
sunflower32

Connie I completely understand! As a housewife myself, don't tell anybody, but the boredom part is partially why I went back to college lol it's rather challenging and keeps my brain thinking.

Soho71, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I understand this place can be confusing.  We contact each other several ways, mostly through groups/blogs/and on their pages.  If you want to know anything else let me or anybody apart of the group know.

ALMOST THE END OF MAY!!!!!!!!!!! AND IT'S HOTTER THAN HECK LOL!

0 Kudos
timothyh12

Hey Everyone My quit date was May 9, 2014. Im still going strong. My urges are mainly when I drink, so I have cut back on drinking. The first week I didnt have a big urge to smoke, but the hunger pains is what killed me. Has anyone experinced this?

0 Kudos
blakegronlund

Day number two of no smoking! It's been pretty hard today, but I know it will be worth it.

0 Kudos
blakegronlund

Day number two of no smoking! It's been pretty hard today, but I know it will be worth it.

0 Kudos

Today is day 15, halfway through the month of freedom! It does get easier! I haven't given into the excuses for "reasons" to smoke and I absolutely refuse to!

0 Kudos