cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ree

May Quitters

just signed up and finished my profile. I have picked my quit date and it happens to be in May. so I decided to join the other May quitters. Good Luck to all you May quitters
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
292 Replies
pat108

Today is my quit date....it is encouraging to know so many are beginning this journey with me.  This is not the first time I have quit but this time I am determined it will be my last quit....that I will be successful with the help of everyone here.

0 Kudos
sunflower32

Welcome to the 2014 May Group, I'm the owner and since I found there was no May 2014 group I started this.  Feel free to join and may we all get out of this addiction called nicotine!

0 Kudos
jd_25

Thanks for starting this group.  This is my first time blogging.  I am having a hard time getting out of this addiction.  It is harder to quit than I thought.  This is my second attempt.  Succeeded a couple of years ago by going cold  turkey.   That lasted about 6 months.  I always go back when things get so stressful in life and school.  I have picked May 26th as my stop date!!

0 Kudos
jakecalkins84

Today is my Quit Day.... So far so good.

0 Kudos
linda.mustafa

Congratulations Jake on your decision to quit.

You can do this , there are a lot of info in this site from people who are ex -smokers for a long time so it's worth doing a lot of reading.

Congratulation JD on picking a date,...:))

Congratulation sunflower ,..:))

I'm a May quitter , 40 days today/cold turkey, 

doing lots of reading and exercise.

My sleep is not very good at the moment, as you can see/I should be asleep by now (it's 2am where I live), but I guess this will change after a while(Hoping).

Wish you all the best !

0 Kudos

My name is Apryl.  I am 7 days smoke free today.  This isn't my first time quitting (let's call the other ones attempts).  I have always used the patches in the past to quit... This time I started with the patch (days 1 and 2) and then I ripped that baby off and have been "cold turkey" the rest of the way. It's been a lot easier than I thought it would be since I have smoked for 20 years (starting at age 15).  I feel free already!  It's good to meet you all!

0 Kudos
LisaAnnIndy74

Hello all... My name is Lisa and I am on Day 12, my quit date was May 1st. I started off using the patches for the first 4 days then ripped it off on the evening of day 4 because I had to undergo a heart procedure. I have been without it since May 5th. I feel AMAZING! I did have a huge motivator for quitting, my heart. I was diagnosed with ASD, or a hole in the heart. I wanted to give myself a gift, the gift of being healthy and being able to really enjoy that gift. I know quitting is not easy and yes it can royally suck at some points, BUT always remember the long term.... YOU ARE STRONGER than you realize, YOU CAN DO THIS! We are all here for you!!! For everyone who is about to quit, who just quit or who has been quit for a long time.... CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!!!! We all have made the decision to take back control of our lives and no longer allow the Nicodemon to control us! WE ALL ROCK!!!!!

HUGE HUGS!!!! Lisa

0 Kudos
sunflower32

Hi Apryl and Lisa! Congratulations on your quits and yes this is the best gift that you can give anybody. You can do this JUST FOR TODAY!  Remember that, just today not next week or next year.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better for all of us right? Mine today was from hell but it is possible to do.

0 Kudos
Sammy.J

Let's do this May group! Day 4
0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Hello All - I quit on May 1 - so I am working on day 14 now and thing are going well.  Congratulations to all of you!  I am using the patch and it helps me.  I don't think that I could make it cold turkey.  The quit line that I called suggested that I use nicotine gum in addition to the patch but I have decided not to do that unless I absolutely feel that I have to.  I have been having very vivid dreams and am curious is anyone else is having this side effect?  Again -Congratulation and Good Luck to you all! 

0 Kudos