cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ree

May Quitters

just signed up and finished my profile. I have picked my quit date and it happens to be in May. so I decided to join the other May quitters. Good Luck to all you May quitters
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
292 Replies
stephp

My quit date was May 11, I smoked for over 20 years. Today was tough but I've managed to make it. Just keep praying it will get easier. I have a 2 year old and I'm almost 40. I have to get this turned around. Time is not on my side with my baby already and I certainly don't want to shorten it with those gosh darn cigarettes. I hate them so much....so why is so hard to forget about em?

0 Kudos
fancy3

My quit date is the30th. I have smoked for 41 years. I have copd!!! I'm done with this. Thank you for being here and sharing \your experience. I know it will help me to read your posts. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
g-dhelpme

today (5.13.10) is supposed to my quit date but i didn't have my last cigarette yesterday.  i am looking forward to being able to move on with my life with out feeling the need for the false security of a cigarette.  Its so nice to know I'm not alone in this journey.  

0 Kudos
shevelle

I just found & joined this group. I was hoping to find some people that quit on the same day or close to it. Feel free to add me as a friend, it would be cool to have someone to celebrate with.

My quit date was set for Mother's day, May 9th  but I didn't actually smoke my last cigarette until 7:00 am on May 11th. I am using the nicotine gum, regular gum & jolly ranchers lol. My sense of smell has already drastically improved. After being gone several hours I came home & was suprised at how strongly my house smells like stale smoke. I was disgusted. I can't afford to have my vents cleaned & sanitized by a professional.

A COOL TOOL TO HAVE: google QUIT COUNTER or QUIT KEEPER. I have both. You put in your quit date and it keeps track of everything for you. It is really cool to watch it add up. Here is what QUIT COUNTER looks like...

Shevelle - Free and Healing for Two Days, 21 Hours and 58 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 6 Hours, by avoiding the use of 73 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $18.23.

0 Kudos
rosertot

Both my mom and I are planning on quitting the 17th. 🙂

0 Kudos
freeatlast4

Hello,  Just checking in. My last cig was 9pm on May 9th.  Feeling surprisingly good.  Using commit only. I think my neighbors think I have left on vacation.....I sure don't miss the shame.....

Keep up the great work everyone a positive attitude makes all the difference.

0 Kudos
karenanne

My quit date was May 3.  So far so good - day 12.  Still having after meal craving and obsession all day.  Using all the suggestions and most of them work to get me through the day.  Best one is "keep busy".  Also ,like "move a muscle, change a thought".  Keep up the good work everyone  and enjoy NOT SMOKING!   GBE

0 Kudos
elenor16

My quit date is May 31! That happens to be my birthday.

0 Kudos
lois2

Hang in there you May quiters, you all can do this, good luck

0 Kudos

I have just found this site and am so glad to find it.  My quit date is today.  Actually it was last Tuesday, I did good Tuesday and Wednesday,  Thursday-Sat have been not too good.  I am using the patch and I ripped it off and night to have a puff.  I really need all the support and self discipline I can get.  My goal is to be totally smoke free when I turn 50 August 19.  I just have got to get controll of this.  I have quit a lot of times, one time I made it 100 days.  I am tired of the anchor on my chest and head.  So today I quit anew and no matter what I will not give in.  I'm going to google that quit counter thing, any visual thing to help is great, thanks for the suggestion.

As we all travel this road to freedom, let us be there for each other to gain strength, wisdom and wonderful, wonderful fresh sweet smelling air!!!

0 Kudos