Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

May 2022: Welcome new members!

There are always new members joining the community.  A portion of those new members haven't set or haven't synced their quit date to the community so we can help celebrate your milestones.  

I'll be welcoming our new members and encourage you to get your quit date set and synced to the community so we can help you celebrate when you hit those milestones.

Set and Sync Quit Date

To get started you'll need to do the following:

1. Set your quit date on your Set Your Quit Date | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX (or make sure it's set if you aren't sure.)
  2. Come back to the community.
  3. Look at your profile (round avatar image in upper right then choose My Profile) and confirm your correct date is showing**.

** If your quit date appears on your EX Plan but not on your Community Profile, don't worry. We're aware that this is happening to some members on the community and it's being actively looked into. Hopefully in the near future all members who have set a quit date will be able to see it on the community as well. 

EX Community Admin Team
43 Replies
Barbscloud

@dddoss @MLClark @MLClark   Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  If your interested we would like to get to know you.

If you post to my Journal/Blogs there's lots of support available.

Wishing you the best with your quits.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned at end of this paragraph, please check out my post to set a quit date, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your days quit in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a profile/avatar picture  get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. 
@Txgyrl @Crazycomics @Ttilbe80 @Yolandra1970 @Calebjaones1999 @Gamanda12 @joehasenluna @SharronTara @Trajectory1970 @Bigj804 @JillMoore 

Those mentioned at the end of this paragraph have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post to update it.  
@johnsondelissa1 @ItsTime2022 @nikitta87c @toadmunch3r @QuiterQT2022 @CaptainPatty @217290 @kansasbound4215 @RBennett @abradley55 @Auntiebethie @jhaydenaustin @ariannes15 @KingRitchiesWrd @Clarek @PCakies @ulrich19832003 @alecp95 @Ebutcher4 @Bharvey143 @Ladyjulezzz @Quitformeandjax @Jac1616 @pambamanana0303 @Emmabrad32 @joshuamorrison5 @joshuamorrison5 @Starmeka44 @Mljohnson79 @Trickshot4556 @Chev702 @jennyrross1 @Rirvine387 @Iwebster420 @swaldef @shoedawgdave @Chlsmith @Kfields0531 @From1to3love @hughpuppies @WVbrowneyes22 @1Biggirl @marymcgourty @lgsmith @Julie0420 

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks you need to complete. Find the orange EX Coach chat button in lower right, when you are on EX, to webchat with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you.  Be sure to opt into our emails as well.
@jhaydenaustin @Gamanda12 @Chlsmith @lgsmith @JillMoore 

@hughpuppies Glad to see you on the EX Community for the first time. Looks like you joined EX some time ago. 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thanks for the shout out, I actually quit at 11:10 am May 7th CST so I'm a little over 2 days in, today is definitely going better than the first 24 hours, I'm finding it tough to stay busy, I'm pacing alot and fidgety, but I am going strong, the advice that I read about facing the crave rather than ignore it is helping immensely, I decided to go the cold turkey route

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ulrich19832003 wrote:

Thanks for the shout out, I actually quit at 11:10 am May 7th CST so I'm a little over 2 days in, today is definitely going better than the first 24 hours, I'm finding it tough to stay busy, I'm pacing alot and fidgety, but I am going strong, the advice that I read about facing the crave rather than ignore it is helping immensely, I decided to go the cold turkey route

Congrats on quitting a day early. You can update your quit date in your profile. Click the Return to My Quit Plan in the upper right to update it.

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

@ulrich19832003  Congrats on your quit.  Keep up the good work.   We're here if you need us.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned at end of this paragraph, please check out my post to set a quit date, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your days quit in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a profile/avatar picture  get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. 
@LaurieC12345- @suebrukhno @Goldies125 @dbarnes1977 

Those mentioned at the end of this paragraph have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post to update it.  
@Ggregorya @Bjcarter1973 @STEMguy @Hunterlogan @Myfourleafclov @Dsmock50 @m2m155 @ladytrucker6914 @fourds @Mklotz @ttvienot 

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks you need to complete. Find the orange EX Coach chat button in lower right, when you are on EX, to webchat with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you.  Be sure to opt into our emails as well.
@suebrukhno @ladytrucker6914 @fourds @dbarnes1977 

@ttvienot  Glad to see you on the EX Community again.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@glb112081 

@wpriestley @Mpg1168 @vershumryan @Btorzeski @hdoman65 @Midnightrambler @LaZav8r @Lindaf71 @Mzzsally @samjmcgee 

@wpriestley @Mpg1168 @Btorzeski @Midnightrambler @glb112081 @samjmcgee 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@droberts1155 @Amyquits2022 @MissDavis33 @blugocar @nrousseau @Tried46 @Donevape 

@laurenewarner92 @jlmer852 @Chellness777 @Drgnh3art @coresik @beccateez @Jok @kwi47 @Bgluigi2 @Gjones000 @Blcorser29 @Vanna88 @aaron87 @Fj5150 

@Bgluigi2 @Blcorser29 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
coresik

updated my quit date to May 13th because my NRT arrived today- a day late

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@coresik wrote:

updated my quit date to May 13th because my NRT arrived today- a day late

Great! We'll start your journey tomorrow. Check out Make a Plan: Get ready for your quit date - EX Community  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos