cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
Robin-K

Hello all! I just joined EX! I'm quiting smoking tomorrow! I'm doing this cold turkey! The price of smokes went up to $55.00 a carton here on Monday! This is insane I think! So I'm going to be taking my $200.00 extra I will have a month and putting it to something more fun! This will be my 4th attempt to quit. I did quit back in 2002 for 1 1/2 years! I have smoked for 28 years! Stress is my biggest issue! I drive a school bus and most people I work with smoke also! They did however just in the last couple months ban smoking from the garage! So everyone has been outside smoking. I have to do this! I'm am determined for my health and money! I'm excited, nervous and scared of failure! I'm looking forward to using EX program as a great way to help and support my quitting!

Robin
0 Kudos
Robin-K

Forgot to add...That little 4 leaf clover will bring me luck I hope!! lol
0 Kudos
teresa15

Your doing great Sean! Keep it up.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Hi Antonia, It may take just a little while for the chantix to kick in to its full potential. For me, I did not think that it was really doing anything at first even taking it twice a day. I thought why refill it, I can do it on my own when its gone. I know think that it is doing it's job. I don't know If others are feeling this way, it just seems to block something in my brain where I can think about cigarettes, see others smoking them even, but can not imagine me smoking one. No desire whatsoever? I think I will stick with it for a while.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Awesome Rosa!!!!!! Congratulations! You must feel like you are on the top of the world. I can't wait until March 2nd, 2010 when I can say that. Happy anniversary!
0 Kudos
DOCmarkC

Teresa, you are doing agreat thing, for yourself and the people who come here. By blogging and writing and communicating with others you are building a sense of resolve in yourself as well as providing an example. You are going to win this race,I can see it from a mile away.
0 Kudos
tomee

I want to get to the point that I forget I even smoked....It's way off, and slightly dreamy, but one day...
0 Kudos

"I want to get to the point that I forget I even smoked....It's way off, and slightly dreamy, but one day..."

Tomee, 12 days on Chantix, 4 days without smoking and that is precisely how I feel. I couldn't care less if I ever smoked again or looked at a cigarette right now. 4 days without a single craving..
0 Kudos
bub

God Bless Dolphins-Dream!!!! I am so happy for you!!
0 Kudos
andrew2

Good Luck Robin K - I went Cold Turkey, and have found things fairly manageable so far. Personal feeling is that it is the only way to go - be rid of nicotine from the onset......
0 Kudos