cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
marie10

It is amazing how much my life revolved around smoking. I keep thinking the fact that something has that much control over my life, can't be good..which is why I need to stay quit.
0 Kudos
diane3

I quit on the March 30th and now it's April 1st. I really really want to do this, this time. I feel I'm strong enough to just say no, I won't smoke anymore. My motto is "keep of the good fight" and that's what I intend to do
0 Kudos
paul2

Hey Guys, day 23 never tought I would do that, staying strong with the quit. Thanks to everybody, paul
0 Kudos
donna34

Hey guys. Sometimes for me its one hour at a time ,whatever works.
0 Kudos
teresa15

I now know that if I can survive a 5 day , 4 night camping trip with a 2 1/2 year old. a 13 year old, and a husband that has to have things just so and won't let me do anything but watch the ants crawl on the ground and not smoke. I will survive anything. Hang in there everyone, you can do it to.
0 Kudos
marie10

almost through my 2nd day.
0 Kudos
marie10

I know I can, but do I want to...I miss it
0 Kudos
marie10

I downloaded a whole lot of info on the negative effects and trying to keep this info at the forefront of my mind
0 Kudos
heidi8

Marie - your mind is messing you with you honey...it seems like you "miss" it because that's all you knew to do...now you know better; take deep CLEAN breaths of air - not stinky smoke/carcinogen filled ones...take a walk, drink water, sing! - tap dance, think about going to the Caribbean, ANYTHING but smoking...don't do it. You can get through this...the first week can be kinda tough, but as Donna said sometimes it's just one hour at a time, one minute maybe even...You CAN do this!
0 Kudos
laura39

Hang in there, Marie. The cravings will pass! Go to Whyquit.com and read some of the stories on there. It will keep you busy for a while and you can think "I am so glad I am not smoking anymore!" Know that everyone here knows exactly what you are going through and post as much as you need to!
0 Kudos