cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
robin112

I quit on March 9th @ 9:00 p.m., 2012! 5 days into it now, and have definitely had light headedness, temper tantrums (dt's), anger, depression, happiness, etc. all of the above. Today was much better! Yay, finally, and I keep hearing it gets easier! Please tell me it's true! Still on the Chantix for a couple of more weeks, I am hoping when I come off of it, that I won't have relapse. If anyone has any advise about coming off of Chantix, please let me know your feelings/side effects. 

Thanks! March on!

0 Kudos
meme21

My quit date is set for March 23, 2014 so I hope to be among those beautiful people who quite smoking in March of 2014!

0 Kudos
grethel

I had my date set to January, but 6 days ago I finally quit smoking, is not easy... I just hope I can make it and not slipp up. Thanks!

0 Kudos
deb-k

My quit date was March 7th 2014 I am using Chantix so far so good.The support I get from the EX community is the best . When I think I need to smoke I come and read other success stories and it helps so much.Day 13 Just one day at a time. Can't wait for day 365! Thank you all Deb K

0 Kudos
clareau

hello,

I quit yesterday, and I'm having a really hard time. 

Clareau

0 Kudos
jcameron

Day #2  in the life of a non-smoker (40 years smoking)

Went to bed at 7:30 pm last night, this really helps kill some of the withdraw stuff

And the real meaning or reason for this = to break up my habits

This is a topic I have spent a good deal of time on

Part of the exercise is to track when you smoke and what sets you off

I loved to smoke in the mornings, 4 cigs before I go to work

And one when I got there, so I figure I would try going to sleep

As soon as I could, have my stuff ready and get out the door ASAP

In the morning, get to work where very few smoke. On the job at 5:00 am !!!

Also took 4 walks yesterday and that seemed to help a lot

Will do the same today

0 Kudos
Carol5

My quit day ended up being March 18, 2014. That is 3 days ago. I am still holding on strong as a "quitter." I am doing the Chantix. Wish us all the best of luck. 

We are here for each other. Happy that I found this site. It is nice that I am not the only one going through all these ups and downs.

Carol

0 Kudos

Hi, Folks!

Just dropping in to wish you ALL the BEST! 

I belong to the March Club .....2010!!!!

That's right 4 YEARS ago! 

If I can do it - so can you!

Read, Listen, Learn, and Participate here at BecomeanEX regularly!

It really makes a difference!

0 Kudos
deb-k

To all who have and are quitting this month. Hang in there I know its so hard but we can do this. I too have smoked for 40 years but want to see and be with my grandaughters age 4&7. So I just go for one day at a time and I'm on day 15 .Thank you EX  . Deb k

0 Kudos
tambolina

My quit date was March 17, 2014 4:00 pm.  I am not using any type of meds. I tried chantix and it caused me to cry all the time. I stopped it in February and restarted my quit in March. I pray to keep me grounded and I am thankful for my family. 

0 Kudos