cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
frankie6877

The hardest time for me is night time. I can sometimes make it a couple hours before having to light up in the morning. Sometimes I've even made it through the work day but once I get home I have no self control. So I guess the solution is to keep busier at night.

0 Kudos
frankie6877

Libo, I am most definitely no expert on the subject but what I've learned from the numerous times I've tried to quit is that no matter what I think or try to convince myself....I cannot have just one... I always get to about the two week point and think it"s ok to just sneak one and that is it for me. One leads to two and doesn't stop.... I wish I had learned that the first time around.... Good Luck!!!

0 Kudos
_t_15

Terri here, I like going by T, signed up today and ready to quit. I've been smoking since I was 15. Too long. Dad's slowly dying of cancer, I hate seeing him whittle away to nothing. I'm a lot like him and have a great fear of my life ending the same way as his. I don't want my kids to have to go through what I'm going thru. Seeing my dad struggle to keep his breath, being willing to join a clinical cancer study even if it doesn't help him may help someone else down the road. What a trooper he is. I adore him and am doing what I can to help him through these tough times. Have set 3/1 as my day to be completely smoke free.

0 Kudos
arde

Hi!  I'm here too - quit date of March 1st.  It seems like such an impossibility.  I can't even imagine myself smoke free.  I try to envision six months down the road - no cigarettes.  wow.  I am so excited to have found you guys.  It helps just to know I'm not alone!

0 Kudos
_t_15

second nite coming to site, kids are in bed, me time. I've tried keeping track of my smoking on the calendar, but that won't work for me because I very rarely sit and smoke a whole cig at a time, majority are 1/2 here and other 1/2 later. The calendar on site only allows you to keep track of 1 cig each time. Did good today only smoked a total of four cigs. Still hard though, always on my mind.

0 Kudos
casy

Dear T, way to go only 4 that is not bad compared to my 15 i had yesterday. I am slowly cutting back.

0 Kudos
andysbaby

I joined today and set my quit date as March 1st. It seems like so far away but i know its going to ge a hard road. any suggestions on how i can cut back?

0 Kudos
emihun

I've also set my quit date for March 1st. This is my first day being active on this site and I'm hopeful it'll help me make the permanent change to being a non-smoker. Right now I'm working on my list of reasons to quit and identifying my triggers as well as tracking when I have a cigarette. So far I haven't smoked today but that usually goes downhill when I get home from work . . . we'll see how long I can last.

0 Kudos
katiealissa

good morning all,

i have set my quit date to be march 8, 2 months after i started tracking my cigs (which was yesturday).  i'm new to the site and decided i'd like to plug in and get as much support as possible.  i have tried quitting so many times i decided to do something different this time- so tracking cigs will be new.  good luck to everyone.  if i run across any useful information i'll make sure i share on here.

0 Kudos

Hello all. My name is Carrie and I just set my quit date for 3/1. I read "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr and I quit for a week. But went right back to the old ways. I'm really hoping it works this time! Well, just wanted to say hi and good luck to everyone!!

0 Kudos