cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
heidi8

Woo hoo for you, Beth! That is not an easy accomplishment, particularly with smoke around you. Don't give up - perhaps your partner will see your determination and jump back on board! In either case - GOOD FOR YOU! Congratulations!...I'm right "behind" you!
0 Kudos
beth11

Have not posted in this group in a while, read a lot, never added my voice. Today is my triple digit day and I am so grateful to be on day 100. My partner did not stick to her quit, however I did not use it as an excuse - so she still smokes - I do not. I am a proud, button wearing bumper sticker showing EX!
0 Kudos
anne-kothe

For whatever reason it has been difficult not to take that first puff as of late! It has now been 4 months and 20 days but the last two days have been hard. It seems like all of the non-smokers I knew have taken up smoking!!! Even my best friend who has not smoked in 6 years started again when I quit and she was my rock at the office (I work with her). I keep reminding myself that the craving will pass whether I smoke or NOT. I just wanted to see if anyone else still struggles sometimes?
0 Kudos
nancy_o

I am in the same boat (and time frame - I'm 2 days behind you on quit!). I will have been having strong cravings from time to time but I just keep thinking that if I go buy a pack (since I don't have anyone I can bum one from) that I will be back to square 1 and will have to go through hell week(s) all over again as I know if I buy 1 pack that will lead to buying more. Stay positive and keep thinking of all the money you have saved not to mention how much better you feel (or at least that's what I have to keep reminding myself!). Stay strong and SMOKE FREE.

Have a GREAT SMOKE FREE DAY. 🙂
0 Kudos
heidi8

Man oh man, ladies, the timing on this couldn't be more perfect...I'm with ya, what is it?! People who don't experience this haven't a clue. I'm not sure if it has to do with personality type, not "really" being ready, age, length of time smoking or just....I don't know what! But it is there and all too real - kind of a bummer if you ask me! Hang tough! I know it ain't easy, but just keep telling yourself the mantra - whatever yours may be...
0 Kudos
heidi8

Thanks for the tips and reminders...you are right about the cost both monetarily and physically! Too HIGH!!! One day at a time is the right attitude - thanks again!
0 Kudos
anne-kothe

Despite the cravings I do feel good knowing that I don't have to be a slave to nicotine because that is what I was...a slave. No matter what I was doing when the craving called I was there. Didn't matter if it was my husband, kids, work, whatever.
0 Kudos
heidi8

I hear ya honey - me too...not anymore! Hang tough!
0 Kudos
joanne

My last smoke was on March 10, not sure how many days that is but now there are many (most) days I don't even think about it! My worst cravings seem to come when I am very upset or stressed. Most of the time, just an every-day physical want for the feeling of inhaling, I just pop a cough drop (something about the menthol seems to satisfy the craving) or at least a hard candy. I breathe deeply, remind myself I have NO money for putting poisons into me, barely money for basic needs right now. And let the distance between me and tobacco increase, one day at a time. Sometimes I do miss it, tho.
0 Kudos
teresa15

It's wonderful to be 205 days smoke free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is not one problem out there bigger than that number that will ever make me smoke again.
0 Kudos