cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
teresa15

Happy 5 week anniversary cinda, your doing great!
0 Kudos
heidi8

Yo Charmayne and Nancy O - WAY TO GO, GO, GO! You guys are the ones inspiring the rest of us who are "behind" you....Hope your day was FABULOUS - just like you two. And as for the rest of you/us...keep on going! Spring is coming and pretty soon we'll ALL be able to smell the flowers better than ever before!
0 Kudos
angie

I quit March 30th I'm using the patch and so far I haven't had any really bad days of wanting to smoke. I have had a lot of trouble breathing though
0 Kudos

Still EXing at DAY 30! I thought I could ... NOW ~ I KNOW I CAN! One day ~ One moment at a time!!!
0 Kudos

42 days. I'm beginning to believe this quit is going to be the one. I think about smoking two or three times a day now, but never have a real urge to light up.

40 years of smoking and now I feel as if I'm free.
0 Kudos
mike4

Good morning all, hope everyone had a good weekend. If it ever quits raining around here I might be able to enjoy one myself. Hope you all stayed smoke-free and that the urge wasn't as strong as the day before. Have a good day and keep it a smoke-free one.
0 Kudos
bobby-brown

I have been quit for 1 Month, 3 Days, 13 hours, 9 minutes and 53 seconds (34 days). I have saved $234.92 by not smoking 587 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 3/16/2009 5:00 PM.

Boy was this weekend tough. My wife's cousin and her husband came in from Greece and they are staying with us for a while and he smokes a cigarette every 5 minutes (outside the house of course). Saturday was in the 70's so we all sat out on the deck and my mind went back to summers past but I quickly shifted to the thought that I AM smoke free now and no more summertime congestion and coughing from the humidity. Believe it or not it helped watching the cousin smoke. I watched him suck that smoke down, breathe it out, cough and then stare at his cigarette. I would then breathe in (wheeze free) and feel good about myself but as I said at the top, I did have my moments and I AM thankful that I took my hands off the steering wheel and let my Higher Power do the driving.

A SMOKE FREE DAY to ALL!!!
0 Kudos
sheila17

Congtats to everyone on your milestone. Hope you had a great weekend and enjoy another week of our new found FREEDOM.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Good job everyone! I is amazing how we can all do this with the support of each other. I just hit 50 days, and it feels great. I never thought I would be able to do it.
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Good morning everyone. I just had my one-month anniversary Saturday (3/18/09 - 4/18/09). I cannot believe how much better I feel. Now to only stick to the diet this well. Gotta get to work. You all have a GREAT SMOKE-FREE DAY. 🙂
0 Kudos