cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
amie5

And congrats to everyone who finally realized that this smoking thing is making them litterly ill. Take it one day at a time. Make it forever!
0 Kudos
gridley513

Amie, I am coughing up some nasty stuff as well on day 6. Yuck!!!
0 Kudos
bobby-brown

I have 5 hours to go before my Day 3 is officially in the books. Yes Anne, I find it easier at work that's why I am making a schedule now of things to do to keep me occupied for the weekend. Saturday especially. I'm definitely lining up some reading material and hopefully the weather will be nice for a long, long walk. It's great to see the March Quitters list growing. 50 more and we will pass April.

Power to all

Bobby
0 Kudos

On day 11 now. I'm beginning to be able to smell things again.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Hi Everyone, Your doing great! On day 17 1/2 now and don't even think about smoking anymore. Stick with it!
0 Kudos
erpinney

I quit smoking last week and I am still struggling with wanting to smoke. I try to remind my self why I am quitting. Getting on here and seeing how great all of you are doing helps me deal with the fact that i am not alone.
0 Kudos
annie17

I'm on Day 2 now... YA!! It's been good so far!! I'm keeping my hopes up that it stays that way.... 🙂
0 Kudos
charmayne

Its going to be all good Annie! I am on day 3, and can actually breathe better today. Keep up the great work!
0 Kudos
teresa15

Good Job Red! You can do it.
0 Kudos
ross

I am almost 17 days smoke free and enjoyed every minute of it. My body changed a lot in 17 days, I explain them to you, hope that it helps you on the path of being healthy and smoke free. As I mentioned before that I used to smoke more than 3 packs a day of Marlboro RED HARD pack.

1) I used to snore like a freight train. My son complained many times that he cannot sleep in the other room that is like 20 feet away because of my snore, sometimes I woke up because of my own snore, It was really loud and annoying. To my surprised I snored less and less, on my 16th day, my snoring completely stopped.

2)I become a member of LA fitness on my 7th day and been like 10 days, I have been swimming everyday for about 1 hour ever since.I breath much better. The stinky smell of smoke bothers me and gives me a headache from a distance.

3) my left hand little finger was numb, my doctor told me 6 years ago that the nerve has been damaged. I am on my 17 th day now, my little finger is much better, I feel like the finger is healiing.

4)I have more patience, eat the food with more pleasure and eat much more slower than before. the food tastes muck better. Especially the fruits, I eat them with more pleasure, the taste of the fruits is completely different from the time that I smoked.

5) My teeth are whiter, they are getting better everyday. I am using the electric tooth brush and especial solution for tooth whitening that is very effective.

I see a lot of improvements in my lifestyle. explanation of all is very hard. I mentioned a few, hope it helps you.
0 Kudos