cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
bobby-brown

Congratulations Charmayne, Tom, Shelley and Anne.
  Like Tom, my date is March 16th and I am also into fitness. Crazy thing is, I would have a great workout, feel good and pumped and finish it with a cigarette. Pretty Bizzarre. I would joke to myself saying "I could lift weights but can't make it up a flight of stairs" Well after years of saying that it finally took root.
  I AM smoke free and I feel good. Today was a bit tough and I was able to shift my focus successfully. For Shelly and Anne I have been a friend of Bill W. too since June 1, 2001 giving me 7 3/4 years and I'm finally transferring the tools I've learned from that to this. I mean, my Higher Power has been telling me to do this for those 7 3/4 years and taking back my Will just wasn't working. Once again, Power to all and special thanks to Cecil and Teresa who were among the first to welcome and encourage me.

Bobby
0 Kudos
annie17

Today was my first whole day SmokeFREE and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would... I acctually had time to do other things besides smoke, like play with my kids and visit my grandmother... WOW it feels so good to be in control rather than have them control me!!!
0 Kudos
annie17

Congrats To All that made the choice to quit... I don't know what was holding me from it now that I think about it... But Good luck to all of you and Thank You for the continued support... I appreciate it very much...
0 Kudos
teresa15

Hi Annie, Your doing great. With that attitude you will find it amazingly easier each day. You will find that the happier you are every time you think "I would be having a smoke right now" the faster you stop thinking about them all together. At least I hope it is as easy for you as it has been for me.
0 Kudos
teresa15

hey Bobby, being able to shift your focus as well as stay positive and determined and extremely happy that you have made it through each craving is key to a successful first week. Each day is easier. I know what you mean about working out and smoking. I used to joke about how fast I could do two miles on the treadmill, "Not bad for a smoker". Until I started paying attention to my heart rate and it was climbing over 180 in no time. The Doc said stop smoking, so I did. I just wish my old Doc did not retire, he would have never believed I quit just like that! LOL!
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby, I appreciate your thanks but I'm just giving it back. It's the best way to stay smoke free.

I'm also a friend of Bill W., have been since 1985. This is the second big step in becoming who I'm supposed to be.
0 Kudos
rosie9

on day 11 as well....

the cravings arent as bad as that first week though!
0 Kudos
anne-kothe

Well, this is day 4 and I am hanging in there. Congratulations to all of you who are too!!! We are doing it! It seems to be easier at work than it is at home. I do find myself dazing a lot and not very present. I remember this from the last time and I know that this too shall pass. Anyway, I am just grateful to be a non-smoker today.
0 Kudos
charmayne

I am officially on day 3! And can I say that I walked from the parking lot to my office and was not out of breathe! I must say that I feel great today and can actually say that I can smell my laundry detergent on my clothes! LOL

Thanks to everyone for the support!
0 Kudos
amie5

I'm on day 7 and coughing up stuff that does not look right. My body is getting rid of the nasties. I'm going strong still. Never again will I pick one up. I have to say though, yesterday I got a whiff of someone smoking and it smelled like trash. Ewwww!
0 Kudos