cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
teresa15

You can do it Bobby! Stick to the plan.
0 Kudos
bobby-brown

Dear Teresa and Cecil

Thank you for the comments. You're right Cecil any tool is cool to fight the Nicodemon. Thanks again and I'll continue to post my progress as well as my obstacles
0 Kudos

Please do post Bobby, and remember that everyone who succeeded in quitting has had a first day, a first week, a first month, and they've felt all of the things you feel now and will feel in the future.

I reminded myself today that all successful quitters had a ninth day, they had urges and overcame them to face a tenth day. They all got through the ninth day and so did I. They all got through the tenth day...and so will I.
0 Kudos
gridley513

I am using the patch as well Bobby, and it is really helping me. Congrats and keep it up!
0 Kudos
charmayne

Hello Group! I had my last cig on the evening of March 16. I feel [retty good about this! I can do this!
0 Kudos
tom-jackson

Hi Everyone! I had my last smoke March 16, before i went into the office at 8am. Havent smoked since!! Feeling good so far! Good luck to everyone!
0 Kudos
teresa15

Welcome Charmayne, and Tom to March Quit dates. We are here for you. Your doing great. Feel free to get on here and talk, talk, talk! It really helps. We can all get through this together.
0 Kudos
tom-jackson

Thanks Teresa! I plan on it. I need all the encouragement I can get for right now. I quit once for 6 months and know these first few days where the hardest for me. Just have to get through today though, right!! 🙂
0 Kudos
teresa15

You know it Tom! As I found out just recently, Quitting smoking is not going to kill us, but smoking on the other hand will!
0 Kudos
anne-kothe

I threw my cigarettes out the window on Monday morning. Just couldn't do it anymore. I have been making plans for some time but have not taken action. I have justified it because the last eight months have been the hardest of my life (mom who lives with me going through cancer, two small children, gaining a 20 year old, husband always working, put cat down after 18 years, had to initiate DNR on "grandma", two other relatives passing) However, I am now looking at these things as great reasons to stop rather than continue smoking. I couldn't stand smoking and I couldn't stand not smoking. I have quit a few times, never for more than three months but I have never been at this point before. I too am in the program and have 5.5 years. I agree...God has relieved me of the desire to drink and is and will relieve me of the desire to smoke.
0 Kudos