cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Silverstar

Many Thanks

Good morning, everyone, it’s a great day to be smoke-free!

This will be my last message to this community, and I want to say how much I appreciate you and the role you played in my 115 days of not smoking.  I am not “going away mad” nor have I been defeated by technology; I simply don’t care for the new tone and the way some have responded to it.  There is negativity, yes, but also criticism, subtext, impatience, condescension and shaming over inconsequential things, and I don’t want to be a part of that.  I don’t want to defend against these things.  It is difficult enough to Quit and Stay Quit, and navigating snarky waters isn’t how I want to spend my personal Quit time.

I will miss the really wonderful, selfless people who made me feel the most welcome, you know who you are.  I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.  You have helped a lot of people, and will no doubt usher many more through their journey of Becoming an EX.  I wish you and them safe travels.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline

0 Kudos
43 Replies
TerrieQuit

Thanks, Mark!

0 Kudos
Posamari

Hate to see you go! You were one of the first to reach out to me at beginning of my quit and I've felt a kindred spirit with you.   Wish you weren't leaving however I understand how you feel. I haven't been online frequently past few weeks and am just learning my way around this new and improved (?) site.  Maybe in the future you will return? Until then I wish the very best for you and positive thoughts to keep your strength with your quit. We've come a long way baby   .   NOPE!   Hugs!

0 Kudos
NewMe

I'm going to second that opinion. I don't know if anyone had personal contact information for Jaqueline, and so the only thing people could do was to post here and hope someone could contact her. I think a lot of people here would at least like for her to know she will be sorely missed.

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

I totally understand your feelings. I've been off and on here for 7 years. Please check back in occasionally and maybe you will like what you see.......or not. You will be missed.

0 Kudos