cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Many Prayers Needed

I humbly request prayers for my husband, his dad and his dad's wife.  Last fall his father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  Pancreatic cancer does not have a remission or cure and is agressive.  He is starting to decline rapidly now.  My husband went to see them Friday and he said his dad looks terrible from when he saw them last month.  For those of you who've not been on EX back then you may recall that my f-i-l's wife hates me and won't let me come down and visit.  She takes fantastic care of him and that's probably what's keep him alive this long and I praise her for it.

Please pray for my husband, his father and his father's wife. This has been a rough ride for everyone.  None of them are Christian so I'm reaching out to the best support group ever, even if it's not totally about smoking  I had the passing thought of smoking but it left when the light turned green.  My God is love, compassion. the light, and life and I would be very thankful for all of your prayers to lift up my father-in-law to the living hands of Christ. No prayers for me are necessary. This is not about me, it's just about my f-i-l, my husband and his dad's wife. I praise the Lord every day for this compassionate group of people!

20 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I pray that God's will be done in your father in laws life.  I pray that God will comfort him in his pain and that he will seek God's face for mercy and grace even in his last days.   I pray that your husband will have the strength to endure the sight of his father's suffering and that he will one day have a relationship with Christ.  I pray that his wife will one day have forgiveness in her heart for whatever reason she is holding against you.  In Jesus Name. God bless you and your family. Amen. 

Barbscloud

Will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts.

Barb

juliagridley

Praying for you of course! 

MarilynH

Sending up good thoughts and prayers for them and for you along with a very caring hug for you too....

WhispersQSMB

Sending Prayers...

Giulia

upward they go.

elvan

Julie,

I am so sorry for ALL of you.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,

Ellen

Mandolinrain

Sending up prayers now.....and for God to light all the pathways for ALL of you. Bless you Julie for your beautiful spirit of forgiveness , compassion and Love.

DavesTime

Julie, I will keep your father-in-law, his wife, and your husband in my prayers.  Pancreatic cancer is tenacious, and we had a young man in our church who battled it courageously.  Praying for comfort, strength, and that they may experience Christ's loving presence with them.  God bless!

Prayers and Peace.