cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

leah6

Making through the first week...

I'm on day FOUR no cigs. I'm really hoping to make it to day FIVE. Any advice on making it through the first week?! I'm really struggling...
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cgfree

I'm day 4 also, I picture myself old wrinkly face, and I won't be stay pretty very long, stay strong, one day at a time, tomorrow you will wake proud and strong, best of all, you can keep your good looking face..
0 Kudos
alex2

I'm on day three-

I think about running. I never was much of a runner because i was chubby for a long time, i've slimmed down, now the only thing holding me back from bolting down the street are my lungs! And i can't wait to feel those endorphins rush over me after i've finished my run- i can't wait to breathe after that- and not cough up crap for 10 minutes!

When i get a craving... i'll get out of my apartment or the situation that's causing the craving. I'll take a walk, or go for a bike ride. If i can't leave, i pour myself a big glass of water and work on that, every puff i want, i take a sip. Gum has been very helpful around all my smoking friends... although, i'm pretty sure my teeth are getting a little upset about the grinding i sometimes end up doing.

I'm on livestrong too, and they have really good little tidbits on the "quit smoking" dare page. It gives me a few more reasons why i should just resist the urge, until i get to a point where there is no urge 🙂
0 Kudos
julie-rigolfi

I am on Day 3 and every time I want a ciggie, I take a the deepest breath I can take and remember that it is much deeper than the one I could take on Day 1. I also taste my mouth and love the fact that I do not taste like an ashtray. I also smell my clothes and like that I can smell the detergent scent. And if the urge is strong, I cry it out.

Its tough, but I am only 32 and I realized that I had been smoking for 20 years. To me, that's NASTY!
0 Kudos