cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michael8

MAKING IT HAPPEN!!!

Today was my first day of a life without cigarettes. I was smoking close to two packs. I had the patch today and it went off without a hitch. I spent a lot of time speaking to a lot of great people on this site. The friends I have made are fantastic. Before I quit I had been smoking for two days. It was a relapse. Everyone of the friends I had made had the same thing to say, "Don't give up". I made a lot of junkie excuses. Someone on this site whose opinion I truly respect because of the story of his addiction (and quit), told me in no uncertain terms (after letting me babble out my junkie excuses) to "MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!" This guy breathed the fight back into me and my quit (and more) and put me on the right path. We have set our quit dates in August. Let this be our final quit!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
charon2

GOOD JOB MIKE!!! You have the RIGHT attitude! KICK that nicotine addiction in the a**!!!!! What time did you quit yesterday? I quit yesterday too, at 3 PM. I was also smoking between 1-2 packs of cigarettes a day.... didn't use the patch, but I did use gum. I think I'll be chewing the gum for a while. Do not give up! I know you've heard this a million times before, but it's true. Good luck and keep up the hard work!
0 Kudos
christined

good luck and keep up the work...it's so worth it - my quit date is Aug 19th, and I am quite excited about that!
Keep us posted - all the stories make me more determined...thank you!!!
0 Kudos
zeke

I dont have a lot of wisdom to offer anyone so i just try and help people smile and laugh. In exchange people who are wiser than me give me the support I need to get through those F*** IT moments! I know sure as day that i could not have quit without the support I get from people on here. I developed my own little mantra which goes like this:

The sky aint falling.
The worlds still turning.
For at least today I aint smoking!
There are easier ways to die.

That pretty much blew my wad in the wisdom department!
Best wishes!

Zeke

0 Kudos