cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

molly_ann

Loving Me and What to Expect(?)

Going on 3 weeks SMOKE FREE!  The phsyical part was easy.  It's the mental part that is really tough for me.  I am having to learn a whole new way of thinkng.  I am realizing that I smoked whenever I did ANYTHING around the house!  I clean for a bit and go outside and smoke.  I'ld fold clothes...go outside and smoke.  I feel like I wasted so much time killing myself instead of loving myself.  Three weeks ago this Sunday (10/17) I decided to love ME and put the cigarettes down.  Not an easy thing, but worth it.  Do I miss them...you bet.  For me it's learning how to do things all over that is hard.  I cannot beat myself up over this, so I take it one craving at a time.  I have to think of the progress I made so far and ALL the benefits I see in myself! 

I am starting to cough up "stuff".  Is it normal after 3 weeks to just start coughing it up?  Yeah, I started coughing the day I quit...dry cough.  So far my chest isn't hurting, maybe a bit tight every now and then.  Guess going to the gym is paying off!  🙂  So what can I expect as far as recovery symptoms?  I am 32 and smoked 15 years. 

Thank You all so very much for alllowing me to "talk" and showing support that I really need.  A pat on the back or "thatta girl" goes a long ways!

Molly

0 Kudos
1 Reply
empathy

Welcome friend! You are doing well! Be proud. Many of us have 1000s of days of smoking BEHIND us. Have you gone to the "blog"  part of our site? I was just logging off when I found you but that is where every body hangs out. Hope you meet some of our "elders". They can give you a great deal of help. I will just say hugs & hang in there. Talk to you again soon. Good night Tammy

0 Kudos