cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Emmy2019

Looking for a quit buddy

Hi! Wondering if anyone would want to be a quit buddy and we could private chat on here, doesn’t have to be someone who’s been quit the same time as me. Be awesome if it was someone in New England but doesn’t matter where you’re from, just looking for a support buddy! Message me if interested!

20 Replies
elvan

We really are all here for you, it's hard to volunteer to be a quit buddy when you are not sure you will be available when needed...there is always someone here and you will read something that will strike you as a light going on, we are all on the same journey.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

sweetplt

You have all of us Emmy2019 ... as quit buddies...Happy Saturday hon...~ Colleen 208 DOF 

AnnetteMM

The Daily Pledge is a great place to start! Hold hands and check in every day.

indingrl

So true- thanks Annette- gentle hug❤

0 Kudos
jlp5564

Willing to be a quit buddy! Need one too! I’m in KC.

0 Kudos
Mallee

I’m in KC too! Only on first day of quit.......6 hours down. Marty

0 Kudos
jlp5564

Quit Wednesday, the 26. Been weaning off, so I guess until I have one full day without any, it doesn’t count? I smoked anywhere from 2-10 per day. Today has been tough, as all are. I’m smoke free now also six hours!

Go you, btw! 

0 Kudos
Mallee

I was definitely a heavier smoker but it sounds like its all the same. Congrats on one day! We’ll have to celebrate on big occasions, say a month or something like that! Hang in there, Marty

Sent from my iPad

elvan

To all of you looking for quit buddies and trying to help each other, that's wonderful and admirable but please understand that you each have to own and be responsible for your own quits.  If one of you slips...DON'T let it be the death of your quit.  This journey is one day at a time and while you may benefit from similar experiences at the beginning of your quits...you may benefit MORE from reading the blogs of more experienced quitters.  I quit with my daughter on this quit...she lost hers, I stayed with mine because I was absolutely committed to it...I have been quit for over five years now, she also quit and is coming up on four years now.  She did not use this site but she DID use NOPE, Not One Puff Ever and that came from this site.

I wish each of you well and please know that we are here to help you in any way that we can.

Ellen

mercury87436

Well said!