cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kskdalton

Looking for a possible "Quit Smoking Buddy"

Hey all! I am so glad that there is such a great resource for people trying to quit smoking. I tell you what... I am just up late and trying to make sure all the loose ends are tied up on my quit smoking plan. Tomorrow is D-Day. I'm excited, nervous, and all kinds of mixed up.

I've tried to quit... well... I couldn't even tell you how many times. I'm only 25, started smoking at 17.... but the habit is soooooo hard to break. I've tried at least 20 times to quit... at LEAST. Now everyone just thinks it's a joke when I say I'm gonna try again.

I've found it most difficult in my car. My speculation is because I started smoking shortly after I started driving... so now it's just so tightly tied together. I'm looking forward to being healthier though, and reaping all the rewards of being a non-smoker. But also under stressful or boring situations... of course. haha

Eh... who am I kidding? I'm scared crapless. I have tried so many times in the past. But this time I have a different attitude about it.

So who's with me here? Anyone available to by my "quitting buddy"? I'd like to communicate through this website as well as e-mail as it is easy when I have a craving. Let me know if you're interested. 🙂

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jhamlin6668

Well, you've got youth on your side, so that is a great thing!  You can certainly do this.  Check out the separation exercises on the site.  They are really helpful - or at least they have been to me.

I'd be more than happy to team up with you.  My quit date is 2/27 (unless I run out of cigarettes earlier - which I think I will).  I've already cut my consumption in half, so I'm feeling like I can really do this.  I do only get on the computer about three times a day though, since it has been acting up and tries to overheat.

My name is Julie and I live in Detroit.  It would be helpful to me to have someone to be accountable to as well.

0 Kudos
triciac

Good luck to you and I hope it is going well. I am 23 myself and started smoking when I was 15. I have tried to quit more times than I can count and I know what your taking about with everyone thinking your joking. I almost don't want to tell my friends that I am trying to quit because the usual response is " I wonder how long you'll last this time". My quit date is set for Feb 29th. Let me know if you need a buddy and stay strong!

0 Kudos
katheen

do you still need a buddy to help you on your journey. i'm getting ready to quit on april 8th which is my son's birthday. it's also easter so i guess that makes it even more special.

kathleen

0 Kudos
sue26

I am gonna quit on April 6 that is my oldest sons birthday....I have tryes so many times my health is bad...I am 58..have stents in both legs ..I did a stress test did not pass ..have blockage in the heart area....not sure what the dr..wants to do yet..but I know I have to try again to quit..I hope I can find someone that will help me be hard on me but yet help me...Sue........................quit date  April 6 2012

0 Kudos
sue26

Hello..I am still on for April 6th...I have been writting ever thing down all my triggers and everthing sometimes  I don,t know why I smoke at timesI guess habit...half the time they don,taste good but I keep on puffing.. my brains out....I feel that God HAS SEND ME SOME ONE ON THIS BOARD..AS I GOT A CALL FROM SOMEONE ON HERE AND I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO?..I BELIEVE IN GOD WITH ALL MY HEART AND I KNOW THIS IS GONNA BE THE FINAL QUIT..I hope who ever called me will let me know..I thank you.....Sue

0 Kudos