cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Let’s share positive sayings

I feel guilty.....I’m posting this cause I need it. But who knows someone else may need it too

don't know the author

You only have 3 choices in life......

You can give in

You can give up

or

You can give it all you got

i close the last one.  I hope you do too 

A92AAD10-B7FC-4082-B8C1-F66B2FE73958.jpeg 

49 Replies
Sootie

But here is another..........................

Forget what hurt you.......

But NEVER forget what it taught you.

Giulia

When I was growing up I heard this one in my house that my father (who was 66 when I was born) supposedly said:  

You have three choices in life with a particular situation that's troubling:  

Accept it

Reject it or

Change it.

I like those because it's simple.  I also like it because with your choices the first two are giving up or giving in.  And those seems pretty similar to my mind and they're both negative.  And there's a difference between acceptance and giving up or giving in.  Acceptance is a "letting go" in a positive way.  Giving up and giving in is a letting go (to my mind) in a negative, non learning, sublimating, victimizing way.  

The most empowering way, of course, is to CHANGE either the troubling thing, or change your mind about how we perceive that troubling thing.  We have amazing minds that can alter our perceptions.  Part of the way perceptions are altered (aside from drugs!) is through education.  

Here's to education and openmindedness and the world that that encompasses.

PS - you look SWELL in that pink caddy!

PPS - the last choice on your list  is always my FIRST choice - to "give it all I've got" no matter what it is..  I can't imagine doing anything less.  When I vacuum, I give it all I've got, every baseboard, every corner.  If I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do it with all I've got.  Why not?

ShawnP

When i quit, i had to have the inspirations to get me through, to uplift me. I started collecting them and making them to pass time and used to post on Ex message boards to members at that time. Here is my collection.

Inspiration - Google Photos 

sweetplt

“Let God Be the light that shines in the darkest forest”...Author unknown 

anaussiemom

13600017_10154673975804523_1978509517951703726_n.jpg

Hugs Barb

MarilynH

This is a great discussion for everyone that is on this journey together whether it be day ONE or ONE thousand and one   our quits is a GIFT to ourselves which is the gift of LIFE.....

c8054135bf413d90317c6a84eaa3611a.jpg

AnnetteMM

I love this one because we all face fear, especially before quitting. We mistakenly think we need to NOT be afraid in order to be ready, but that's not right. Courage is facing that fear head-on.

marktwain1-2x.jpg

Christine13

If your lessons are your own, you can never surrender.  Corey Hart

Christine13

If at first you don't succeed try, try, again.

beazel

The best view comes after the hardest climb.

Expecting things to change without any effort is like waiting for a ship at the airport.

Don't look back, you're not going that way.

Believe in yourself & you will be unstoppable.