cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lisaml

Lazy and unproductive

so I have mentioned this before, but I always had a cigarette BEFORE I did anything, then another to mark the completion of any given task. 

Now ive been free for 32 days, and I am a sloth. 

Dont get me wrong, I workout, work, take care of the fam, but in the afternoons/evenings? BIG FAT NOTHING. 

I've read about people keeping busy and cleaning out closets, drawers, etc.... 

NOT me. I watch tv, read and hang out on my couch. 

Its almost like I'm afraid to "commit" to accomplishing anything because I will miss the "bookend" smoke too much. 

Is this weird ? 

Ok, yes I'm weird, but has anyone else felt like a sloth in the first month (s)?!?

25 Replies
minihorses

Yep me too. I'm on day 113, still a sloth and 20 pounds heavier.  Not where I want to be.but I haven't smoked and will be a little more productive when the weather warms up. I despise cold weather.  BUT I haven't smoked.  I came really, really close to smoking yesterday and today but today I sat outside in the parking lot of the gas station fighting with myself about getting a pack of smokes.  The gum I chew is only available a couple of places around here and that place was one of the two.  It took everything I had not to ask for a pack of cigarettes when I was paying the cashier.  I walked out with 4 packs of gum and nothing else.  It reminded me that I don't have to smoke, it's a choice and this time I "have chosen wisely" (Indiana Jones Last Crusade).  Another urge to smoke will come along in this quit but I made it over one hurdle, on to the next.  You take care of yourself, This is still detox stage!

Julie

Barbara145

I wore a whole in my leather couch with my elbow.  I had always been a very productive person smoking all those cigarettes.  Quitting stopped me in my tracks too.  You will figure out life one day at a time in your journey to wellness.  I think you are doing great.  Keep taking good care of yourself.

elvan

It takes time to get over that fear of starting something and then missing the "reward" cigarette.  We CAN find ways to reward ourselves that are not HARMING us.  I was really sick when I quit and there was no cleaning out closets or drawers for me, I couldn't even work out for quite a while.  It DOES get better.

Oh goodie! I get to look forward to this when I reach my main home up north in early March........

I wouldn't want to be left out of anything!!!!!!!!!! OMG! That will be a doozy for me.............Prairie

minihorses

Unfortunately we all go through this at some point during our quit, especially women I've found.  You can do it!

MartyO

YES!!!  This stream is very helpful.  Feelin it.