cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

llehrer222

Last Day As A Smoker !

Tomorrow is scary because my last cigarette is tonight. Help ! I hate the craving side effect but I have to quit.

16 Replies
Strudel

Welcome to the site! Be sure to check out the reading and stay close! You can do this! 

0 Kudos
susan_m

Welcome!  We wish you every success in your quit journey!!

Try not to hate the cravings. Try to enjoy the victory of each one that you beat.  Your mindset is key to your quit....turn negatives into positives. 

You can do it!!

prjimm01

YOU ARE ON TRACK!

0 Kudos

llehrer222

Hi there! I'm a day late. So today is your quit day, I think. Have you thought about using the patch? I used the patch, Walmart brand, they stick better than the name brand and half the price! I honestly don't think I could have quit without them. They take the edge off of the craves a bit. And DEFINITLEY read the Allen Carr book, the Easy Way. With this site, patches, and that book, I have been quit for 1.5 years.....and counting!

You will LOVE your smoke free life! 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Hope that your day 1 went well-check in and let us know.  We are here to help!

JACKIE1-25-15

Image result for welcome

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Day one, how are you doing? 

Get the the book by Allen Carr." Easyway to quit smoking"..please. There's no other book like it.,,,I actually smoked until there's actually a part later in the book, when he tells you to stop. And I did. No looking back.

My best advise is to truly understand the WHY you smoke , before you stop smoking...to have a successful quit. Once I learned that and truly accepted that and worked on it. The transition to becoming a non smoker was easier than I imagined. I failed many times before I understood the WHY..Reading over and over again blogs from this site, leaning on the people on this site and reading that book litterly saved my life.

I may blog about this soon. Good luck , you can do it!

0 Kudos