cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brenda30

Laser vs medications

My quit date was May 7th. I did the laser and highly recommend it for those of you like me that were heavy, long term smokers. It really has taken a lot of the edge off as far as the addiction. I'm fighting the behavior part of it....but everyday I'm getting over some more of the trigger responses. I have smoked for 38 years....this is really working
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
brenda30

Thanks...........they have nicotene laser centers that virtually stop the nicotene cravings. It's like accupuncture without the needles. You generally have 3 to 4 treatments available to you included in the one time price. The center I went to does the first one......48 hours later they do a second one.........7 days later a third.........then the fourth is generally done after 6 months (if needed). I have done 2.........as I'm working out of town at this time an was not available for the 3rd. I'm doing fine.......I'll do the third treatment when I return sometime in June. It's painless, very relaxing and it really works.
0 Kudos
sharpie62

I'm glad to hear of something non-chemical that works so well, but I''ve never heard of laser treatments for smoking. What, exactly, do they do?
0 Kudos
samantha5

what kind of doctor should you speak to in order to get more information on these lasers? Accupuncture just isn't working...
0 Kudos
pat14

Unfortunately this is not an option where I live (Central America) but I am glad to hear it is working for you. I was in Miami on vacation and got the patches, which are working great. I only wish there were "mental patches" you could use to take care of the triggers .... after being a heavy smoker for 27 years that is the part that is killing me. Everything seems to be connected with a smoke...
0 Kudos
brenda30

They hit 24 to 26 points around your ears, 3 in your hand, one on your knee and one on your foot with a very small lazer. It takes about 30 minutes...... that's it.
0 Kudos
brenda30

the easiest way would be to search it on the internet.....then go by location to find the nearest center and talk to them.
0 Kudos
brenda30

I know that feeling oh so well.....keep up the good work everyone
0 Kudos
debbie39

I've never heard of the laser. What is it? How are you doing?
0 Kudos
theresa18

I know the feeling of everything going along with smoking, 4 days no smoking, coffee, iced tea ... but i'm replacing this with walks, eating fruits & alot of water... its getting alittle better, I'm also listening to nature sound cd's to help me relax and alot of long, deep breathes, Keeping you all in my thought's and prayer's Theresa
0 Kudos