Give and get support around quitting

pahart12

LGBT

Congrats Rob!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
159 Replies
rahj

Hello,  I am a a gay farmer metal head!!!  My quit date is Saturday and I am listening to some Korn right now and keeping myself distracted from smoking.  I attend concerts all over the midwest area with my newly wed husband.  So glad I found this site. 

0 Kudos
rahj

Hello everyone.  My quit date is Saturday.  I was so excited to find such a support group.  I have attempted several times to quit but as a newlywed I have a new reason to want to live a more healthy lifestyle without smoking.  Looking forward to this time being the last time. 

0 Kudos
SarahP

Hi Rahj and Metalman -- welcome to the site!  I just want to be sure you know where to go on this site for the most support. When you want to talk about your quit, please join the main community by clicking on the "Blogs" tab, next to the "Groups" tab at the top of this page. This is where you will find the most well-rounded support for your quit, including new quitters, experienced quitters, and everyone in between. If you haven’t already done so, please write a blog there introducing yourself and telling us your story! 

0 Kudos
sirwaltzalot

Hi my name is Bil.  I am from Baltimore, Maryland in the county on the Chesapeake Bay. I quit smoking May 15th. cold turkey. I know that's a hard way to go but it was the best for me. I've always been the type that if I am going to do something, do it . I finaly made the decision to quit after 40 years of smoking. The price of cigarettes are going through the roof. I really dont understand how people can afford it anymore. Ether way I am hoping I can get some support and maybe make some friends in the process.

0 Kudos
ctpaulm

Started Chantix yesterday. Nothing else has worked for me - and believe me, I tried it all.  I am so sick of smelling, offensive breath, clothes, car, apartment, etc...  Recently out of a bad 10 yr relationship and it's MY time to change!  I know I have to continue smoking for a week or two while titrating up to 2mg Chantix daily. Still on 0.5mg.  I have a very addictive personailty, and not sure if this will do it for me, but I have to keep the faith (even though I'm not religious).  No more drinking for a good while, as that's a huge trigger.  But so is waking up, with coffee, after meals, driving, etc... I don't know how this will play out, but I am very hopeful.  It would be nice to have a little support from here.  Every gay man I know smokes!  Take a break from friends?!?  Thanks for reading!!  ~Paul

0 Kudos
hazelzoleta

Hello I am proud to say I had quit even before my DATE!  I am now going through the after effects like weight gain.  Any EX smoker's in NORTHERN NJ that do evening walks or maybe we can start an exercise walk program together and now challenge each other to get the weight off please email me or be my friend on here to exchange info.

0 Kudos
pendak

Hi I'm dawn and just signed in yesterday. I picked a stop date of nov 22. My gf quit a yr ago yesterday and has been after me to quit too. So I'm going to give it mt best shot. I'm from Allentown PA. Hoping to make some friends along the way

0 Kudos
renee95

I stopped smoking 40 days ago. I am a lesbian, vegan who is on a year break from relationships. I know I am an addict to nicotine and in that knowledge I am humbled. I pray for strength to overcome addiction and continue to experience freedom. I have recently started an exercise program. Blah anyone that would like to be an accountability partner?

0 Kudos
renee95

I just joined this group. I am 40days quit and feeling freedom. My choices started getting better the moment I stopped smoking. I am recommitted to my life. Woot. I am excited to be here. Currently on a break from dating. Took a year off and its been enlightening, a true journey towards self awareness. 

I am in the NML and my craving are surprisingly strong but my desire to stay free is stronger. I Started my quit using NRT but after 14 days I went 'cold turkey' so been NicFree for 26 days. I loved Allen Carr's book and feel I found the right method for me.

I live in Louisiana in a very very very little town. I love it and hate it. I am a veggie so not easy to get faux meat. Lol. Easier to get gumbo with mystery meat. But love the culture. Hope to be a great support to my community on EX. 

0 Kudos
Geist

Hello!  I just joined this group the other day.  This is my FOURTH attempt to quit smoking and am hoping that this coupled with the NRT I will be using will be just the thing I needed previously.  My bf, Mark, is planning on quitting as well.  He and I both have the same "quit date."  We'll probably be cranky and bitchy with one another, but he and I are BOTH committed to making 2014 a smoke free year!

If anyone would like to chat or such, please do not hesitate to contact me!

0 Kudos