Give and get support around quitting

pahart12

LGBT

Congrats Rob!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
159 Replies
ray11

HEY FOLKS-- I AM QUEER, IAM HERE! OK our addictions are the most important, but am I readying this blog correct and not many of us have a good support group?

WHAT LED TO YOUR ADDICTION? WHAT TRIGGERED THE ADDICTION? Bad Breakup? SO an addict?   My Master tied me up and forced me to smoke.  What the hell guys we all got stories. I started smoking in 7th grade; why? to blend in! Not me; I ain't no queer, I just like sucking cock, I DON'T KISS YOU  SO I AIN'T QUEER!  Hung with the roughest crowd in school, fought all time(course it helped that I got erect during a fight and loved seeing the blood pour from that breeder!

OPEN UP!

i DON'T KNOW NOTHING BOUT YOU LESBIANS, CEPT THE BUTCH ONES HAVE MORE HUEVOS THAN I.   SHARE YOUR STORY!

RAY D

0 Kudos
ray11

Just an aside; Am usually in my cowboy clothes  or full leather; and i look like I just got released from prison.  Why ain't you twinks got the balls to talk to me in the bar, instead of waiting til I go to mens room or night over and I stand at my truck smoking a cig?  I know how to play vanilla If have to!

RAY D

0 Kudos

Hey everybody! My name is Travis. I started smoking 10 years ago when I was first coming out. My first boyfriend smoked so I started too. We were together 4 years and by then cigarettes ruled my life. I have probably tried to quit close to, or more than, a hundred times. I am determined to make this my last. This time I am not trying to quit; this time I AM quitting! My quit date is next tuesday. Have any advice as I prepare?

0 Kudos
angie46

travis i would buy lots of suckers and straws using ur hands and mouth at the same time helps deal with the cravings it gets hard but just chew the hell out of them strws it really helps me i been smoke free 3 months now

0 Kudos
phantomphan

Hi all. I saw this group and decided, what the heck? I am looking for support to quit smoking. I have recently moved states and all the stress and pressure is weighing me down. I dont know anyone in my town yet and spend most of my time lonely. Any tips? Thanks.

Kayla

0 Kudos

Thank you Angie. I am now 18 hours smoke free and I indeed have already found this site incredibly helpful! I have chewed so much gum today I think my jaw might fall off, but so far still staying strong! Thanks to everyone for your support.

0 Kudos
klbkarkay

Congrats Travis,  You can do it!!  Only need to take it one minute or day at a time.  Depending on how u focus.  I've got over 30 days now and for me it does get easier in time.  I do still have some trigger points but have found that if I pop in some gum instead the "trigger" goes away. 

Besides becoming an Ex, I have also started a diet with Weight Watchers.  I had a friend that quit smoking only to gain an inordinate amount of weight instead.  Since, I'm already way overweight, I figured that this diet will help me to focus on eating healthy instead of overeating to compensate for not being a smoker anymore. 

I hope everyone else is doing well with their quit.

Kay

0 Kudos

HOLY COW!!! I Can't beleive that I have made it to day four!!! I am struggling with all sorts of withdrawl symptoms, but over all have been finding the cravings fairly easy to fight off. My resolve is strong and getting stronger as I become more and more confident that I can do this. I hope everyone else is staying strong and doing well! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

0 Kudos
michael105

Congratulations, Travis! Just take each day as it comes, and it will get easier.

~Michael

0 Kudos
lulo3280

I am on day 29 without smoking and I'm finally getting my energy back as well. I didn't know there was an LGBT group on this site, which I think is great. Keep up the good work everyone!

0 Kudos