pahart12

LGBT

Congrats Rob!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
159 Replies
michael105

SPECIAL Message for Angie:

I'll be here for you in solidarity! I plan to be on here as often as I can. Three months smoke-free is great, and I'm even envious! I remember when I quit for four months before (15 years ago), I could smell a heavy smoker five feet away, and boy, did it stink! I've been bitchy too, so don't let that get to you.

We do need to hang together. We can and we will.

~Michael

0 Kudos
cynde-63

hey all!

so glad to find a gay/lesbian group here. it is 5 (with a 1 cig slip) since i quit! i am a 46 yo les who has been smokin since i was 15. and i am an xray tech lol!

0 Kudos
michael105

Okay...nobody's posted on this group's page for two days...whassup? We're gay, for heaven's sake. We're supposed to be loud and proud and pushy! 🙂

Why don't we ALL post and check in today? Tell us how you're coping. Tell us you're still with us in solidarity.

Talk to me, damn it! It's only DAY SEVEN for me, and I need all the love and support I can get! So, if nothing else, feel sorry for me!

~Michael

0 Kudos
klbkarkay

Hey Everyone,

I do check in everyday, I just don't always post.  Call me shy... or in a rush.  Not sure which one.  LOL   Sitting on 16 days here.  I hope everyone is doing well on their Quit today. 

How was your back to school Michael? 

Have a great day everyone,

Kay

0 Kudos
michael105

College is great except one thing...I have to get there three hours early so I can find free parking, and trying to quit with all that boredom on my hands is a hassle. I've tried going to the library, but that gets old really fast.

~Michael

0 Kudos
angie46

yeah i havnt been on this group since my last post cause im not used 2 any1 being on in this group

0 Kudos
shar

Hi Angie & Michael!! I haven't been here much either because it seemed like I was talking to myself.....

Angie, it's been 3 months for me too (quit Oct 23rd)...stressed out and bitchie for sure. My father died and the motor in my car blew up (and it's a newer car) I have had stress so bad and all I wanted was a smoke to help me cope BUT........I didn't give in....Damn this is just hard! I thought after 3 months I would feel home free.....nope! I'm a very strong willed women who's not ready to give in . I agree the extra money is great! And I didn't realize just how bad everyone smelled. Hang in there you're not alone.

Michael you hang in there too....we can be loud and proud together!  I wish I had more local support though. I live in one of the largest gay communities in the US(Columbus Ohio) and find it hard to find another person who is struggling with this.

0 Kudos
klbkarkay

I used to smoke Menthol cigarettes.  So, I have discovered that if I chew Doublemint gum and suck in thru my lips like I have a cig there.. it's like having a menthol cig without the nicotine.  I also have discovered that if you drink anything cold or put an ice cube on your toungue after chewing the mint gum.. it's like an explosion of ice chills.  Not always the most pleasant feeling, but a heck of a lot better than smoking. 

The first few days were easy for me.  These last couple of days has brought me the closest to testing my will to not smoke.  I keep telling myself that this too shall pass.  I see someone else smoke and think But for the grace of God go I.  So far it has worked.  I have no intentions of smoking again.  But, the urge sometimes just seems to come out of nowhere and floors me when it does. 

Kay

0 Kudos
angie46

shar i know what u mean about not having local support. In september i moved here 2 the st. louis mo area and I dont really know many people. I made a group 4 st louis mo area quitters but as of so far only 1 person joined it and she isnt talking

0 Kudos
raefae23

I'm new to this site and new to quitting.  Well, mostly new as I've been trying off and on since January 11th.  But I'm really serious this time and haven't smoked since Friday afternoon.  It's early Monday morning now here in Southern California.

I'll be 30 this year, finishing up my AA degree and hoping to receive notice soon that I got into UCLA's Anthropology Dept. for a Degree in Archaeology.  My wife and I just moved into our (almost completely) renovated new home in the OC with our dog 🙂

I'm quitting for myself, but also for my wife (we got married the first day gay marriage was legal in California, before Prop 8, and are one of the 18,000) who has always been a non-smoker.  I want it for myself, but feel accountable to my wife because I made her a promise to give it everything I have, so I feel that it's extra incentive.  I'm trying really really hard and I've never tried before.  Taking it moment by moment.  I hope people are around here often, because I need the support, and would feel more comfortable here among "family" than anywhere else.  My friends are all non-smokers or are not trying to quit at all so I have nobody to go to who 'understands' the way you guys could.  I have a feeling I'll be around often this first week or so, at random times.  I'm glad to have found a group where I feel I could belong and share support as well as receive it.  Take care everyone!

0 Kudos