cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

Kudos to a 10 Year Quittter - Sootie

I frankly can't remember the beginning of your quit, Sootie.   But I do know the support that you have offered over the years.  Unending and unbiased.  With an eye able to see both points of view and express yours in a beautifully open-minded way.  You are a levener here as far as I'm concerned.  A levener being defined as "a substance used to produce fermentation."   I think of that as fermentation of thought processes and growth.  For me you have always been one who has prompted me to think in a new, and challenging way at times.  Your open-minded approach has caused, or perhaps a better word -  "enabled" me to open my own mind in an attempted similar fashion.  You show me what the word "equanimity" truly means.  Thank you for that and thank you for you and for your beautiful 10 year quit with us. You had a very long quit before this one.  (Twenty years, wasn't it?  Or am I thinking of someone else?)  If that's true - say it again will you.  

Anyway - you've always been my levening agent here, the calm in the storm of my own thoughts.  And I'm grateful for all you've taught me.  Just sayin'!

17 Replies
sweetplt

Giulia Lovely celebration for  Sootie ...

pastedImage_1.gifOn A big 10 Years of Freedom ~ Colleen 348 DOF 

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations Sootie and a big thank you for all you do to help others!

congratulations.jpg

SimplySheri

How eloquent, Giulia!!  To me, Sootie brings a warm truth to us.  Honest, open, and accepting.  Almost like "Sootie's here so everything will be ok".  Congratulations on 10 marvelously done smoke free years, Sootie!!!  May you enjoy a lifetime full   

Mandolinrain

Oh wow Giulia, thanks for posting this. I adore Sootie and her wonderful support she has given over the years to us all. What a great quit she has and a beautiful spirit she has shared with us all.

Congrats to you Sootie! Heres to 10 beautiful Nicotine Free Years!

Well done!

th.jpeg

Sootie

Thank you Giulia‌   that certainly brought tears to my eyes. You know the high esteem I hold YOU in...so these words mean a lot to me.

Thank you to ALL of you. I love this community. I KNOW this site and all of you and others no longer with us are the reason I walk in the world today FREE from addiction.

Yes G----you are correct. I still have a milestone to pass and that is 12 years. I had a 12 year quit that I began when I was very young.......HOW I WISH I HAD KEPT IT! But I didn't know the truth of NOPE at that time. So....I am looking forward to passing 12 years and then "lucky" 13 and on and on.

Again----I don't think you all can know what it means to me to have you celebrate with me. Thank you for everything.

So sorry I missed your celebration Sootie. Your wise words & calm manner have been an inspiration to all.

Keep on keepin on my friend.

pastedImage_4.png

Sootie

Mike.n.Atlanta

Thanks Mike---hope that knee is on the mend! Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah, it was a 12 year year quit you forfeited, not a 20.  That's less painful!  And just think:  12 + 10 = 22 plus however many years you had before you ever put that first cigarette in your mouth, you've probably got more smoke-less time in your lungs than the opposite.  Rejoice!

Christine13

Sootie, thanks for being here and all your support.