cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Kinda Sorta One of those Days.

Image result for running in circlesWednesday is usually my busiest day of the week.  Trying to get all of Wednesday's do's done.  Well it happened a couple of times today.  A slight crave keeps nagging me I can imagine right now because I have been pressed all day.  Wednesday everything happens.  Exercise class, bible study, choir rehearsal, bowling night special.  I have been going in circles most of the day and still haven't slowed down, but after the second time I said.  Let me go ride the train, do a few post to stay connected.  No I am not going to smoke.  Just this annoying thing that is going on because of a lot going on.   Anyway  I am here to say I don't do that anymore. Whatever it is will pass.   No  need to fear....EX is here.  Just a few more minutes I have choir rehearsal.   Dinner is still in the oven.  Trying to hang blinds that don't fit.  Wanted to get them done so I wouldn't be hanging them tonight but  looks like I will be in the window after dark.  I thought it was important to come here and write a note.  Blogging always helped me.  Anyway I just want you all to know that just because you think about a cigarette doesn't mean you have to smoke.  You can slow down and figure out what to do.  I chose to come here and blog and breathe.  794 days and a little nag came creeping.  It can go back from whence it came. I will try to slow down and just breathe.   Well I will talk to you later.  Got to run

.Image result for running in circles

23 Replies
MarilynH

I will be joining Thomas and Ellen in EXtending my hand out to you too on your 800 glorious smoke free days, that's a fantastic milestone my friend and fellow Exer, I still get a crave or an urge or maybe it's just a thought but every once in awhile it hits me and I give my head a shake and remind myself that I don't smoke anymore. I'm usually really busy when that horrid thought will strike me, I hope you are enjoying a relaxing evening. JACKIE1-25-15 ☆

bonniebee

I am right behind you Jackie always cheering you forward you are in count-up to another mile stone !  

You have a very busy life and even though it may be fun I know sometimes even the fun things can feel stressful and exhausting . I agree we can have a thought and never want to act on it !

Mandolinrain

SO very glad you came here. SEE...You know how to protect your quit! You took action and thats what it takes. I know the day about over but am hoping your day ended well. Blessings my friend:) Your doing super!

Strudel

I have every confidence that you will continue to protect your quit. Your believe in yourself always shines through and that is vital! You've got this! 

Take care Jackie! 

shashort

Yeah those annoying craves, I am with Jennifer mine seem to roll at milestones too and stress still my triggers here. But your right thoughts dont mean we have to act on them.  Hope your having a relaxing evening now.

JACKIE1-25-15

Just got those blinds up.  Did not want to have to sleep behind open windows.  Thanks for being here. 

freeneasy

It seems strange how we get urges or smoking thoughts years after quitting. I quit smoking for 4 years when I was 21 and don't recall ever having a smoking thought.then.  We just know that we don't do that anymore and acknowledge the thought and move on. Sounds like you're way too busy to find time to even think about a cigarette.(:

JACKIE1-25-15

It was not a thought but an annoying urge, that feeling you get when you want a smoke.  Not strong but there.  Something I did not want to get bigger than it self. .  Got rid of the thought and came here.  I choose freedom every time.  I am a busy person.  Today I am resting.  No errands.  Thursdasy's I usually take my brother out for driving lessons. He suffered a stroke and is relearning driving.  I am the teacher.  Thank God he had a doctors appt ment today and I can rest this one out. Thanks for your support. 

Jennifer-Quit

Bless your heart - I don't think I have the patience (smoking or not) to teach anyone to drive! 

shashort

Glad to hear you got your curtains up and your catching some rest time today.