cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Legend

Keeping you’re quit on the right path

If you are having a hard time keeping you’re quit on the right path listen to what you are saying to yourself then listen to what people say that have successful quits.  How we talk to ourselves has a big impact on us. Think about it what are you telling yourself?

Are you saying to yourself

I can do this I can stop smoking

Yes I can quit smoking

Not one puff ever no matter what happens

I will make a Permanent commitment to quit smoking

I am worth it I will stay smoke free

I will make my quit work

I am in control not this addiction

Or are you hearing yourself say

This is hard I can’t do this

I don’t want to quit smoking

I can’t quit I have a lot of problems

I have to smoke I have anxiety and it helps me

I have pain all the time and it helps to smoke

I can’t stop smoking people around me smoke all the time

People smoke all the time and they don’t have cancer yet

15 Replies
Rachy2283

I'm sorry that you are going through it.  Said another little prayer for ya sis.  Glad they don't have to dig up the whole yard. That will be a little cheaper if it is the house pipes and not the yard pipes.  Thankful you have electricity and the FIREPLACE!!! Thats great. The ones with nothing will be hit the hardest.  Thanks also for the update.  Our pipes are now thawed out but may freeze again by morning.  It was the hot water pipes even though the water was on a slow drip ‍♀.  This will all be over soon. Stay safe and warm. 

Legend

Rachy2283   I hope your pipes don’t freeze back up again. We have a neighborhood web site that we can connect with each other and some have it worse than we do but everyone in the neighborhood is pitching in to help the ones that need help with firewood, water and food. One lady asked for help she could not get back home to feed her horse and someone went out with hay and fed her horse for her. We are all pulling together out here to help one another. Thanks for the prayer I appreciate it. Hope you have a nice night.  

Rachy2283

That's how neighbors are supposed to be . It warms my heart to hear it.  Back in the old days it was communities that lived that way year round. How wonderful that everyone is pitching in. Take care and be blessed sis.  

green1611

Nice One !! first part.... keep saying NOPE....

Bravo !

Legend

Rachy2283   

0 Kudos
Legend

sweetplt elvan green1611  It's good to see you three elders still on this site.