cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CathyC1332

Keep on keeping on

I failed miserably.  Tonight I began reading Allen Carr's book.  I am actually engaged in it. I am only into the first chapter and can so identify and understand my FEAR of quitting smoking.  Just wanted to pop in. I have been wrestling with myself. I am on a new journey and regardless of the path I am on, I can do this. Stay safe. Until next time

Labels (1)
15 Replies

What a great idea - posting notes of reminders. Changing up your routine is something that I also had to do. It’s amazing how many things were related to smoking. Mornings are still hard - that’s when I would let my dog out in the backyard and I’d be out there smoking. Now I’m salivating lol. No! Nothing good about that. Now I let my dog out but I stay inside. That will have to do for now. I also pop in candy when the thought hits me. And I drink a lot of good teas (the ones they say are healthy). It ‘s also changing your lifestyle to doing and eating everything healthy. And since smoking is opposite healthy maybe that will help. Thx for your post. 

elvan

I smoked on my deck when l fed our feral cat. First, l avoided going out there & then l changed things around with plants & a different place to sit. I would go out there & take deep breaths, smell the world & not smoke. I also stood out there & blew bubbles. I KNEW I would miss the outdoors.

Ellen

I will do that hopefully when I feel a bit more brave. It’s still so fresh in my mind. I’ve done it ever since I moved into this house. Oh wow it’ll be about 18-19 years. Thx for sharing. 

Barbscloud

I always drank my coffee outside and smoked while my dog spent sometime laying in the yard.   I started taking my cell phone with me and playing video games instead.  It worked!

CathyC1332

Today be Monday December 21, 2020. I got out of bed and proceeded with my new routine.  Then I decided to smoke my first cigarette for the day. It was awful. My body is shaking.  I was writing here and everything disappeared so I started over. Anyway I am actually seeing how wonderful smoking is for me. I am paying attention to detail. I am keeping cigarettes available until my quit date and continue to read Allen Carr. I feel I have them stashed just in case. This is working for me and I will continue focusing on the absurdity and awfulness of smoking.  I have to stay calm as I tend to think I have this made and fail miserably. I am happy and I am excited that I am understanding that cigarettes are not my friend and they are abusive and I will walk away because I don't want to be abused anymore. My quit date is still January 1, 2021.

Barbscloud

Everyone's journey is different.   In addition to using aids, I cut down for a week on a strict schedule.  It's not for everyone, but it worked for me.   Understanding this addiction contributes to a successful quit. Looking forward to celebrating a new you on the 1st.  Stay close in the meantime.

Happy Holidays

Barb