cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pawr

Keep Quiting Every Day

Hi Folks 

I just made Two Years. It's the longest I've gone without a cigarette since I was 18. I'm 63. I've quit many times through the years. I've always picked them up again. I have to work this everyday and beat every urge. I am still a smoker mentally and often catch myself thinking about a cigarette. Mostly it's situational or environmental. Times and places that I would smoke. Sometimes it's more devious, a thought that just one would be okay or that maybe I deserve one.

Two years out and I'm still waiting everyday. Merry Christmas folks glad you're here 

7 Replies
AnnetteMM

Congratulations!!!!!    

We always will have that addiction, won't we? Ever vigilant, always on watch for that one trigger or memory of smoking to sneak through.

You deserve your hard-won freedom!!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congratulations on celebrating 2 years smoke free.  I recognize what a hard fought accomplishment that is.  I'm approaching 3 years after smoking for 50--the longest I ever quit was a few months.   Our freedom depends on our being forever vigilant.

Good to hear from you and glad you stopped by to celebrate your milestone.

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

A thought is NOT a call to action.  YOU can choose to listen or not.

Choose wisely!

Congratulations on TWO years!!! 

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Congratulations Pawr on 2 years quit...I just celebrated mine ... honestly, it is the best Christmas gift I have ever given myself...you too...a Very Merry Christmas to You and Your’s...~ Colleen 736 DOF 

Giulia

I've been quit for over 14 years.  Every once in a while I still get a craving.  I say "Gee I'd like a cigarette now."  And then go about my business.  Within 5 minutes the craving is gone and I've totally forgotten all about it.  Until it happens again - about a month or two later.  I can handle a craving every month or two.  Compared to the first three months of quitting it's a pesky little mosquito, not a hornet's nest of thoughts.  

Sorry it's still a daily struggle for you.  Perhaps it's because you haven't yet taken the option to smoke off the table?  

Whatever the case, you're doing magnificently!  So just keep at it.

0 Kudos
elvan

CONGRATULATIONS on two years, good for you!

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

Pawr 2 NON SMOKER YEARS - Yahoooooooooo - WAY TO GO