cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mjnewell1989

Just joined and needing advise

I'm a recovering drug addict, I'll have 8 months clean on Oct. 27th. I'm 27 with COPD and have been trying to quit smoking for a few years, I've tried the inhalers, the patches, the gum and Chantix and nothing has helped. The Vivitrol shot has lessened the nicotine cravings but no matter how hard I try I still can't completely stop smoking cigarettes. I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 7 years old and am finally down to around 3 - 5 a day but the stress keeps getting the best of me. Anyone have any suggestions for me please? I need help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
mjnewell1989

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I'm 5 days tobacco free today

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

That is wonderful news! 

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations on your five days...it will get easier, it is one day at a time, one experience at a time...you CAN do this, you ARE doing this.

Ellen

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

YIPPEE!

Don't be a stranger!  At the very least, we LOVE to cheer folks on!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Giulia

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!  Five days!  We KNOW how that feels and how much it took just to get there.  Hold onto it!  Five days will lead you to 500 days if you just keep walking.  

0 Kudos
ranjitthewolf

Thanks for coming to this website my brother. You are just a year younger than me. I was at your place 5 months back. For me i wanted to see my child being born and spending my life with my wife that made me want to quit smoking. The first month is not going to be easy at all. But once you cross the first month barrier, things will start getting better. I taught it never will get better for me. But 5 months down the line i can tell you with confidence that i am a non smoker.