cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

airmanbiker

Just beginning to quit...

Today is my third day without cigarettes.  Its been tough at first but with my wife quitting with me, it has been easier to let go and become smoke free.  I'm learning what my triggers are, handling them as they come.  I'm suprised at the times that lighting up was automaticly done, without thinking.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
airmanbiker

I made it over four weeks, now without smoking.  As I progress my desire to stay smoke free is foremost with me.  I have the patches and lozengens for now and will be stepping down on the dosage of the patch soon.  I do miss smoking in a way but I beginning to feel the good results of quitting.  I feel stronger, I have more wind and I smell things better along with food tasting better.  I cough a little, but I was told that would happen as my lungs heal.  One of the things I like about quitting is the money I'm saving.  And, I dont have to go through the hassel of seeking them out and buying them.  I can spend the time I use to smoke for better projects and such.

0 Kudos
airmanbiker

We have made it for almost two months without smoking.  I've stepped down on my patch and I;m not using the lozengens as often.  Mt wife has made it without any help at all.

0 Kudos