cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

blueeyedcubtn

Just began this program...first day and went 7 hours without smoking.

I work in food service, and we all know this is a fast-paced business. When I am the MIC, I do not get an opportunity really to take any smoke breaks. Today I went from 4pm-11pm without a single cigarette! In fact, I didn't even have time to THINK about one. However, when the store finally closed the first thing I did was sit down for a minute to take a breather before starting the paperwork and inventory counts. This is when I pulled out the cigarettes. I had ONE. I did NOT smoke in the car on the way home (it was too cold outside to roll down the window and I MUST roll down the window to smoke) and waited an hour after I got home to have another. So far, so good I think! 

One of my biggest triggers is alcohol. It's going to be tough avoiding it because my partner and I love our booze to the point of nearly being addicted to it. I have not had a single drink tonight...and I think quitting smoking is going to have to mean quitting the drink also. 

It's now 5:30am and in all today I've had only 7 cigarettes. Tomorrow I hope it is less. I need to kick this habit because it blows my mind to think how much money I've been investing in my own possibly horrible death! It will be difficult because my partner has no intention of quitting. The crankiness I experience while trying to quit has caused him to BEG for me to smoke again the past times I've seriously tried. I went four days and he handed me a smoke and asked me to please return to normal. I can't keep doing that!

Tags (1)
13 Replies
Bree19

I get all excited about a new quit journey to follow and a new member joining us...

then I see it's 9 years old....ppfffffttt.

Why do I not look at the top of the post first!??

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bree19 wrote:

I get all excited about a new quit journey to follow and a new member joining us...

then I see it's 9 years old....ppfffffttt.

Why do I not look at the top of the post first!??

Bree19‌ 

gardenbeulah is a new member and can benefit from the wisdom of everyone. Additionally others in the future may come upon this post and it may be the start of their quit journey. Just because a discussion is old doesn't make it have less value.

I'm curious how blueeyedcubtn is doing as well. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I hear yah, I go looking for the newest post--because that is what brings an oldy to the front!

0 Kudos
Florflor

It really works. Keep it!