cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Just a quick note

I know one thing community is important and I wanted to let this community know I chose to become a non smoker May 10, 2009. I feel certain I will be back to share a great deal more. I can say, I feel like something is missing and that I should be doing something like smoking, but "no" I do not smoke, so I don't. Also, I have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded, which is strange. I have more time on my hands and I feel I have been a complete success for I did not pick up a cigarette today. I will remember this tomorrow!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
lisamo

Hiya, I dont know where in May quit dates we are, i have never been in this discussion section! I have completed 8 days just about, it's gotted rougher for me, as it always does when I quit, but i've never been able to come here and talk about it as I stumbled across this site by accident on my quit date! Please keep posting your feelings and get to know us if you'd like some support! My names Lisamo, and welcome to May quitters!
0 Kudos
Kim6

...Eleven days to quit. Eleven days to get used to saying, "I don't smoke." Eleven days to get used to or try to get used to doing things without them. 5/25/09 the games begin.
0 Kudos

catherine,
~ i'm on day fourteen now! i know what you mean... i had all of those same problems too, and then some: difficulty sleeping, headaches... just keep it up, only think about one day at a time! we're all pulling for you!

life
0 Kudos
Leenie

Oh! The light-headedness and dizziness is a good thing. Scared me to death the first time I quit (my new quit date is May 18th - tomorrow). It just means your brain is getting more oxygen. That's what I read somewhere. You might want to ask the Dr. Hurt about it to verify. It goes away though. Your poor brain just doesn't know what that stuff is. ;-}

Leenie
0 Kudos
Leenie

Way to go Catherine! You're past the one week mark. That's great and an inspiration to me. A week from now seems like a very long time. It's my first day without cigs today.
0 Kudos
gianna

This is a cool idea. I chose to become a non smoker on May 11, 2009. I have been a smoker for roughly 15 years. I made my way up to 1 1-2 packs a day before I said to myself that I had to end the nonsense. I have 3 children and it is just not fair to them or myself. Oh and did I mention my aunt who is only 60 years old was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer about two weeks ago. The worst part is she had a heart attack 4 years ago and continued to smoke two packs a a day. The even worse part is that she still isn't blaming the cigarettes. It is scary to see someone so much in denial, even when they are knocking on death's door! When I realized this was the power of cigarettes over people's minds even after heart attacks and death and felt like I don't want to be like my aunt denying the cigarettes are the cause of my demise. It is very sad but at least one good thing can come of her bad news, I became a nonsmoker!
0 Kudos
heather3

I am a newbie, today is my first quit day so pray for me as i will pray for you. i am proud of you i hope in 2 weeks i can say the same.
0 Kudos