Just For Fun

26195624_999270433561305_9187018913312294179_n.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
99 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

2 Party telephone line. 

NeedToBe

Kids being given woodburing and chemistry sets (bunson burner anyone) for charistmas.

anaussiemom

Oh my goodness yes! 

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Thinking about childhood.  My parents telling me" to come in when street lights come on".    

NeedToBe

Yes, I remember that.

Or the public service announcment that would come on TV at 10:00 PM:

"Do you know where your children are?"

Never using the door bell as a kid at a friends house, just shouting their name at the back door.

Deb-EX

Getting ONE special present for Christmas and being THRILLED about it! 

Giulia

gregp136‌  "Lying on the back shelf of the car on long trips."  That makes me think of the fact there WERE no seat belts in the good ole' days, where you could sit in the front seat in your mama's lap and get a good tickling, where there were no push buttons; where radios had dials that your turned and side mirrors were manually operated and there was only one.

Mike.n.Atlanta‌  LOVE your air conditioning story!  Well, the whole growing up story.  It's such a visual.

ShawnP

milk delivery to the homes. Also, charles chips delivery.

the old fashion ice cream trucks, i should say the one we used to have was on a bike and would go around honking his horn. I still see an ice cream truck from time to time but its not like it used to be. It used to be a treat,  now you can get cheaper in the stores in bulk. 

anaussiemom

I Yes milk delivery and Charles chips.  On hot day he would give us a kids humongous ice cubes to keep.  lol Wow I dont think I was even in K grade then.  Great memories ShawnP 

YoungAtHeart

Some of these have reminded me of others!

How about the air raid siren test every - Friday? - I think -  at 1:00? 

And on TV - "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  Had this been a real emergency, you would have been given instructions...(and I don't remember the rest.) with that funny looking bullseye on the screen?

How about the air raid drills at school during the Cold War when we had to kneel and crouch under out desks with our hands covering our necks?  Even as a  kid, I remember wondering what in the h#ll THAT was going to do for us!!

The Sears Roebuck catalog

Bathing caps covered in flowers

One piece bathing suits - the fabric of which must have included steel mesh!!!

Listening to baseball games on a transistor radio under your pillow?

College football games where you dressed up to attend  like you were going to church?