Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
theatrestarr

Hi... have a june quit date for yet another attempt and i've decided that i'm going to spend the rest of my life trying to quit smoking - i'm never going to stop trying... never going to just say "oh well i'll just smoke..." i'm going to keep at it til i don't smoke anymore... does that make sene??? Hoping this site helps!!! I'm so ready to do this!!!

0 Kudos
ladybug29

I have set my last cigarette for tonight I live in a personal care home and Iknow they are tired of hearing i am going to quit but the truth is I  really want to quit and I want to live and not die of lung cancer

0 Kudos
amras

My quit date is June 6th. Attempt 4, hopefully this one will stick!

0 Kudos
quitter2

I was a January quitter but hit some rocky road and smoked after 103 days,  I have been smoking freely for the past 5 weeks but today I have set my quit date for Sunday June 12, 2011.  Feeling good about it all! Happy to quit again, life is better without and my lungs will thank me!

0 Kudos
unfilterdluvr

hello hello

i smoked for almost 10 years, im 27 years old, live my a bf that doesnt smoke, work with two ex smokers, and really want to be an EX! ive been up to a pack and a half a day, but for the last couple of years ive been at about 10-17 a day, depending on the day 😉

I have now stopped smoking for 2 days, 10 hours, 9 minutes, 24 seconds. That translates into 41 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $9.27! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 3 hours, 25 minutes, 58 seconds.

I quit friday June 3, smoked 7 cigs on saturday, 1 on sunday, one on monday, and dont want to EVER smoke again! ok a part of me does... but i dont want to!... how come writing about it, makes me want to smoke one?! lol

oh make this feeling subside please 🙂

Im glad you are all here for support, and i hope i can help with any advice or experience i may have.

0 Kudos
nan7

Hi Everyone, I would like to join the JUNE Quitters.  I had my first clean day on 06/06/11, and am now finishing my 3rd day in a row.    It took me 3 days to get a clean day, but just kept trying.  On that particular day I just set the goal for 24 hours.. and it worked.  Based on my history with EX, it has been 900 and some days since I quit the last time.  That is a long time and a lot of smokes.  It seems easier this time.  Didn't get the wild, crazies, in withdrawal. But that aside, it is still a challenge..  Guess if one day at a time worked for my first day, it will  work everyday.  I will be so glad when I get to the days where I don't think about them.   Best wishes to everyone and stay strong.

0 Kudos
time2quitvi

Saturday June 11th is my date.  I'll be looking for all of you for support.  Know that I will be here for you as well.  God's blessings and strength to all of us.

0 Kudos
mariposa

Tomorrow I set for my quit smoking date--I really want this. I have tried before and I think this site will be extra helpful support, although I know it is up to me in the end.

0 Kudos
astill381

My official quit date is June 17th.  I hope I do well.  I was smoking a pack a day at least.  The last few days I cut back to 7 or 8 cigerettes a day instead.  I'm 30, and I've smoked one year less than half my life.  That's long enough.  If I quit now I'll regain 90% of health I had before, as well as benefit my family.  I hate smoking!  Unfortunately, I'm having tough cravings.  It's even kinda hard to cut back, but I'm gonna do it!  I just saw a motivational video of a guy with no limbs.  If that doesn't make a person feel more capable, I don't know what would!  I feel rediculous that I've been shortening my life, when he's just full of joy and gratitude for his. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How is everyone doing that has had their quit date pass? Good luck to all of those of you have a quit date that is appraoching.  Here are a few things to remember to do right before you quit smoking.

The first step in forgetting an old flame is throwing out all the stuff that reminds you of “the way we were.”

So it’s time now to go through your house, your car and your workplace and toss out everything that has to do with smoking.

Toss the easy-to-spot stuff like ashtrays and lighters but also do things like have the interior of your car cleaned to get rid of the tobacco stink. And while you’re in the car, why not take out that dashboard lighter and ashtray and store them on a shelf somewhere?   
    If you have a favorite smoking chair, put that away, too. Look around your life, and you’ll find plenty of things that are going to remind you of your old flame. Move them, hide them or toss them.            

Throw your clothes in the washer. There’s a smell to a smoker’s clothes, one you will not miss once you’ve quit smoking.

You might also want to visit your dentist. Your smoking has slowly made your teeth a lot yellower. A good cleaning can give an immediate boost to your self-esteem, as well as give you another reason to stay quit.

It’s time to gather supplies for your quit smoking date.

Have your nicotine replacements or other quit smoking medications ready. And remember, some of the non-nicotine medications require you to start taking them up to two weeks before your quit smoking date.

•   Keep a water bottle around that you can refill. It makes getting a cleansing drink easier. It’ll also help keep your stomach full. An empty stomach can sometimes set off cravings. We recommend you carry a bottle of water with you for most of the first week after you’ve quit smoking.
  •   Buy things you can chew on: carrot sticks, celery, toothpicks, cinnamon sticks, sugarless candy, sugarless gum. Stock the fridge with healthy snacks and sprinkle the candy throughout your house, in the car and at work. Keep it all as handy as you did your cigarettes — right in your pocket is best.
  •   Get something for your hands to do. Get a squeeze toy or a handball.
  •   Make a list of your “Reasons I Want To Quit Smoking.” Post copies of it around your house, car and workplace.
  •   Do one last double-check to ensure that you haven’t overlooked a spare pack of cigarettes in the glove compartment or the pocket of an old coat.
  •   Download the mobile EX Plan. It’s an easy way to access the EX Plan when you are on the go.

All this stuff is important. Remember, the more things you do to stop smoking, the better off you’ll be on the day you quit smoking.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos