Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
lois2

You have been busy Christine. i got my bed room and living room painted and some more things done. we quit in June and still going strong. i am proud of us.
0 Kudos
christine12

Me too Lois, come on catch up. I have one more room to do and then I am finsih for the winter.
0 Kudos
christine12

Hello June Quitters:
  thought I would share some information that my smoke coach shared with me. This information after reading it has helped me to be more determined never to light up again. I hope that it helps each and everyonel

WHAT'S IN CIGARETTE SMOKE?
  There are over 4, 000 chemicals. Many of these chemicals are poisonous, and some can cause cancer her is just a partial list:

Toxic chemical Cancer Causing chemicals
  Acetone (nail polish remover) Benzo(a) pyrene
  Ammonia (household cleaner) Chrysene
  Arsemoc (poison) dibenzacridine
  Butane (lighter Fluid) N-nitrosonornicotine
  Carbon monoxide (car exhaust) Nitrosamine
  Formaldehyde (lab sample preserver) Polonium-210 (a radioactive mat)
  hydrogen cyanide (gas chamber poision) polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon
  insectides Toluidine
  methane (swamp gas) Urethane (used to make plastic)
  methanol (rocket fuel) vinyl chloride (used to make PVC)
  naphthalene (mothballs)
  Nicotine (addictive drug) OTHER SUBSTANCES;:
  Nitrobenzene (gasoline additive) Acetic acid (vinegar)
  Phenal (coal tar extract) Aluminum
  Toluene (industrial solvent) copper
  Ethanol (alcohol)

TOXIC HEAVY MENTALS
  Cadmium Gold
  Lead Silicon
  Mercury silver

* the polonium exposure to someone who smokes one and a half packs a day equals having 300 X-rays in a year. (Fallon quit to win program).

I encourage everyone to print this list out and keep in handy in front of you somewhere and when you get a craving for a cigeratte read the list. It has help me and i have been smoke for since June 5th 2009 and no desire to smoke again. I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
cindy-mc

Ten weeks tomorrow. I never thought before I quit that I could do this. All I have to do is NEVER TAKE A PUFF! Yea!
0 Kudos
lois2

Smoke free for 60 days wow we can do this. good going
0 Kudos
joann15

Today is my quit day, and I just signed up.  I've been preparing for a few weeks now, with today in mind.  I like the idea of keeping track of the $$ I'm saving and am using a patch temporarily.   Hasn't been too bad yet today.  Thinking positive.

0 Kudos
MissiAnn

Today is my quit day...yeah!

0 Kudos
curt3

I have almost made it 2 24hours.......nites are my emeny....around this time..i go back and forward if i am goin 2 smoke or not..and end up running 2 the store....but DAMN...i will make it thru..one nite at a time. hopin 4 some interesting discussions

0 Kudos
MissiAnn

Here's to Day 2...

0 Kudos
micheleglass

Day 3.  I hope i can look back a year from now and say to myself, "that wasn't so hard.'  But for now, the evenings are the hardest.  I think I will try to become a healthy goumet chef at home... keeps my hands busy, and I do like to cook ;-]

0 Kudos