Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
cindy-mc

Tomorrow I will be smoke free for 56 days - I'm loving it! My friends and I went to a restaurant for lunch and had a choice between smoking/nonsmoking (I live in Missouri) -- one friend said she would prefer non-smoking and I said "No problem with that now!" To be truthful, the smoking side smelled like a dirty ashtray. Oh, and I walked by a lady in Walmart, and honey, she just reeked of cigarette smoke...and I thought, "That's what I used to smell like. Gross."

We will all keep going strong if we continue to think of the good, positive things that are happening because we quit smoking! Also, walking past a person who has a really smoky aroma gives us strength to keep going, too! LOL!
0 Kudos
lois2

47 DAYS SMOKE FREE keep up the great job staying smoke free , everybody
0 Kudos
christine12

Hip hip hip hooray to all! Way to go to everyone for staying quit. I know I feel great it has been since June 5th without a nasty smoke stick. Keep up the great work all.
0 Kudos
jada

It has been 11 weeks, 1 days, hours, and 40 min since I quit smoking!
  I have saved $170.69 to go on vacation instead of killing myself with smoking!
  I have refrained from smoking 546 cigarettes! Can't believe how nasty 546 cigarettes sound!
  And I have saved 4 days, 4 hours and 8 min. of my amazing life!!!
0 Kudos

Free and Healing for One Month, Twenty Five Days, 9 Hours and 49 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 3 Days and 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1128 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $254.43.

Yowza thats alot of nasty toxins that would be destroying my body. In perspective its easy to see how its never too late to chuck these things out the window!
0 Kudos
mlynne

Hi June quitters! I'm on Day 65, and have saved more than $480. Isn't that amazing, crazy and wonderful? Of course, I don't exactly know where the extra money is (half was spent on Chantix), but I should start seeing the savings add up this month.
0 Kudos
celeste-faris

I've just celebrated 56 days of being smoke-free. I'm stunned. How is it possible that I - and dozens more like me - have been able to quit? To become an ex? To become a non-smoker? I still have tough moments when I'm sure I'll simply die if I don't have a puff. But I tough them out and have been doing it since June 24th. Congratulations to all the June quitters. Excellent job!
0 Kudos
cindy-mc

Hi Everyone! 61 days smoke free, breath free for me! The last two days have been a real struggle...I am a teacher and we started our workshops Monday...and there were triggers ALL OVER THE PLACE! Although I wanted a cigarette worse than I have for the last month, I just acknowledged the feeling, took a deep breath and told myself to get over it.

I've found once I face a trigger situation and get through it (without smoking), then that situation loses its impact. The students come back tomorrow and there will be NEW triggers, but I will get through them too.
  I find that the benefits of NOT smoking far outweigh the "benefits" of smoking.
0 Kudos
lois2

Everyone is doing so good. Day 52 for me it is great to be smoke free. I do agree with You CindyMc. once you face it there gone. i went back to work to day i work at school in the lunch room. when i get off the school grounds i use to lite up. it was odd something i did for so long.. There are times i miss smoking. and i tell my self NO. i have a long ways to go.
0 Kudos
christine12

hay everyone wow can you believe we started this June Quit and now we are smoke for and its August, Way to go everyone. I know I have re-painted four rooms added a new door and have torn a wall down all from the $8.00 a day habit. Keep up the good work everyone.
0 Kudos