Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
malissa

Thanks, Lynne! Congrats on being smoke-free! I can't wait until I am, too. One week from tomorrow, I will be :O)
0 Kudos
lynne-welke

Best of luck to you June bugs. I have set my quit date to July 5th.
0 Kudos
chris40

My quit date is in 40 minutes. Just smoked my last cig on the ride home. I'm excited, but also pretty nervous. I've lost count of how many times I've quit in the past, but this one can't fail. I won't let it!
0 Kudos
mlynne

Congrats, Hope!!! Hangin in there and doin great! Be strong, Chris, you can do this.
0 Kudos

Day 12, always 2 weeks! Welcome to all the newcomers, this is a very supportive and amazing group.
0 Kudos
kelly22

Hello everyone! New here. My quit date was June 18. Had my last cigarette on June 17 at 10pm. It's not been easy, but it's also not been terribly hard. I am going the chantix way. I can actually take a deep breath now without it hurting my chest. With all the money I save NOT buying cigarettes, I am taking a vacation to Maine. I am so excited about that!!
0 Kudos
joe-williams

Way to go Kelly, I got 15 days. What a joy it is!
0 Kudos
crazy

I am gonna quit tomorrow.. anyone have any tricks they used and wanna share some ?
0 Kudos
cheri5

Hi! I had my last cigarette on June 17 with the help of Chantix. I have been smoke-free since. Some days are better than others, the cravings remain, but I know they're getting better. Now it's just habit pretty much instead of actually needing to smoke. I hope I keep going. I have to remind myself all the reasons why I stopped when I want to have "just that one" cigarette. I think the desire to smoke will take a while to overcome, but with positive thoughts I know we can all do it!
0 Kudos
kelly22

Harold & Kimmie....it takes a lot of willpower but if you stay strong you will succeed. Each day gets easier and keep in mind that every slip means starting over all over again. Remind yourself often why you are quitting. You can do it!!!
0 Kudos