cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

July quit dates

This is my month. I quit on July 17, 2004. I had $80 and I could have driven 20 miles to buy two cartons at a discount stand or drive 3 miles to the nearest warehouse store and get some lozenges. It was a spur of the moment thing; I didn't plan it. I had NO desire to quit but I had been praying for the desire to quit. I had just become a grandmother and I didn't want my granddaughter see me smoke or have her tell her mother that grandma stinks. So I bought the lozenges. Later that day I threw my half pack I had left in the dumpster. The next day I went camping with my son on the Oregon coast. I won't lie, the first few days were tough, but getting away and having my son to support me really helped. He told me later that he was surprised that I wasn't a grouch. Today I don't miss it and I feel alot better. My son is very proud of me and my granddaughter has never seen me smoke.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SaraSmile

Way to go Edith! I'm dreaming of the day I won't even think about "it" anymore. I think it's great you came back, 4 years later, to share your story! It gives me hope! 8 days and counting for me! Thanks again!
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
lisa90

Edith,
What amazing motivation! Your story inspires me and gives me so much confidence that quitting is do-able and worth it on many, many levels.
Tomorrow is my Q day! Thanks for sharing, because you've helped me. You should get extra hugs, Grandma---because you're definitely a success!! 🙂
Lisa
0 Kudos